Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to me ballistics app

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me ballistics app
    Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 8:32am
With Strelok now unavailable I decided to get another app. There’s heaps on the market but in the end I opted for Chairgun Elite costing $20 in the i App Store.
My initial impression is that it is very good.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 9:17am
I have chair gun pro and find it works great.
Espially as I'm using a hawk scope, which they have retical maps for.
Also have a free app mero which seems pretty good but haven't tried it too any great extent.
I don't think chairgun has updates any more for pellets but most bc can be found on line.
Mine is the free version so I imagine yours will have a few extra bits and bobs.
No complaints with app, has produced useful info for me that translates into real life quite accurately.
Plenty of online tutorials. Don't think you will go wrong with it.
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 1:49pm
Some feedback on the app - overall I found it to be a great buy. It has some really neat features including gps range finding.
There is an excellent selection of reticles not just those manufactured by Hawke. I shoot a Chinese brand Vector scope with 0.125 MOA clicks and was delighted to find it in the reticle database,
My scope is zeroed for 25 yards and after making a very minor tweak to the pellet bc the app correctly calculated the number of clicks for 50 yards (as matched against what I’d already established via live firing on the day).
If you’re in the market for an app it’s definitely worth considering in my opinion. Cheers. Declan
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 8:19am
Sounds good. I have the free version which was good. Haven't used it for a while though.

It is nice when things all add up and work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic