Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new
    Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 10:06am
Hi guys Thought Id introduce myself here.I'm new to the world or air guns but Ive had rifles for a while now.I got a near new storage x20s at Christmas time for me and my boys to ping around with and so far its been good shooting targets in the back yard which is small and in town.I just need to get a few different types of pellets to try and find one it likes. at the moment we're using some that look like the daisy hunting ones but I'm not sure that's what they are as they're in an old Winchester packet that I had as a kid 20-25 years ago.Does any one on here have any experience with these rifles and what sort of groups should I expect to get with it, it has the scope they come with as a package from hunting and fishing.I would also be keen to swap some of the pellets I have for some other sort to try if any one else is keen.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:23am
Hello and welcome :)

Are you talking about a Stoeger Arms X20S ? is it .177 or .22? Your grouping will probably be poor at first till you get used to the heavy crappy trigger they have.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 12:24pm
It'll have to run in as well, at least 500-1000 shots to settle it all, then groups will get better
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 2:03pm
yea its the .177suppressed one
 http://www.huntingandfishing.co.nz/hunting/firearms/air-rifles-and-pistols/stoeger-x20-suppressor-air-rifle-with-3-9x40-scope-2.html
 I have pulled the action out of the stock and set the trigger as light as it looks like it will go but yea its still not great I think I might pull it apart and have a look see what I can do.the guy I got it of said it had only had about a couple hundred through it at the most so ill just get some cheap pellets and run them through it.W hat sort of groups should I expect to get from it.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 2:35pm
Well you said your pellets are years old, so i wouldnt expect much from them. they are probably all oxidized up by now. I would get a tin of H&N Field target Trophy and see how they go in it.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 8:49pm
H&n FTT , crosman accupells , anything around the 8.4 grain should group well. The trigger will be your main issue, and will affect grouping due to the rough feel if where it lets off, and the pull weight.
To compare, you've probably got it to about 2 1/2 pounds pull weight, where my TX is set at about 1/2lb weight with 2 very defined stages.
All about fine tuning and getting to know your gear.

Try running pellets with a LITTLE bit of autosol on them. It'll help to clean the bore at the same time :)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic