Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shooting sticks for springers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shooting sticks for springers
    Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 10:34am
Are shooting sticks worth it for a springer air rifle? 
 Logic would say it would affect impact point. 
 Anyone use a springer with one. 
 I made one where it sat on camping mat on top of a finger, mono pole and I didn't find it very stable, impact Point held the same. 
 Are the bi pods better. 
 Appresiate any feed back or just thoughts on subject. 

jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 1:12pm
I use a Vanguard tripod shooting at night with my PCP

https://www.crkennedy.co.nz/products/v235882/vanguard-quest-t62u-shooting-tripod 

I reckon it's awesome. I haven't tried it with a springer but am sure it would reduce free standing wobble i.e. you'd gain more accuracy using it, even though might lose some accuracy from hold being affected.   
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 3:58pm
good set up.
 Could just make small padded hand support for on top I guess. 
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 4:56pm
I tried using both a monopod and a bipod stick set up for my springer. My learning was that it was better to shoot without using them. Cheers. Declan.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 5:11pm
I use the primos trigger sticks tripod.
Very quick to set up on any kind of surface, and the legs settle and "level" in an instant. Even on sloping ground the are always exactly the correct length.
Very stable and easy to use, quick quick.
I dont see why this (or any kind of tripod, bipod otr mono pod) would not work with a springer, as long as you place the rifle into the V on the balance point of the rifle. 
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 6:01pm
 Springers don't like shooting off hard surfaces. Why I always have my hand on bag when shooting. 
  Thats why I asked here. 
 Declan having used springers on sticks has encounter that. 
 I'm temped with the tripod and replace with a padded hand rest. 
 Still see what others have to say as well. 

Springer-Fan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer-Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 6:25pm
I have used a Promos tripod and a Rokstad tripod, both really good but in my experience I have shot off my hand rested on the tripod, you can replace the top yolk with a shooting bag too. 
HW35E .22
HW77k .22 SE
HW77 .177 SE
HW80k .20
HW90k .22
HW95k .22
HW97 .177 FT
HW97 .177 FT 12 ft/lb
HW97 .177 Blue Lam
HW97KT .22
HW97 .25
HW98 .22
HW98 .177
TX200 .177
TX200 .22<b
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 10:03pm
I have played around with bipods with mixed results and now only use them on the cr600. For c02 and PCP are perfect due to the no recoil that springers do. I do shoot off a bag or holding the rifle with hand on bag when sighting in as it allows the rifle to do its thing.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2023 at 10:10pm
im thinking tripod and seting up for hand on (or if will fit in v all good) .
 Currently looking at trigger sticks.
 Really like the concept of pulling trigger to release legs, would suit the quick set up and shoot I'll need.
 Prices are up there though. 
 Nearly half a weihrauch. 
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 10:29am
So your actually looking for a stable rest for your hand (and your springer goes on top of that).
Any mono, bi or tri pod will do, but a tripod is going to be the most stable.
The primos are great, Super quick to set up anywhere, but as you say, the price is rediculose.
Ridge line do the same trigger stick tripod thing, for about 120 or 150 bucks. I'm pretty sure they probably come out the same factory in china! When my primos ones go, thats what I'll be trying next.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic