Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good news???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good news???
    Posted: 26 Nov 2023 at 7:21pm
Sounds like there might be good news coming with the new Govt pledging to abolish the regulations for Clubs and Shooting Ranges.
Hopefully it does happen and our sport can get a new lease on life as we head into summer months.

Fingers crossed .
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2023 at 11:36pm
That is good news.
 The new laws this year killed our club in Wgtn as we didn't have enough money to get our range registered. I hope the new changes make things easier.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 8:13am
We had  the shooting range inspector (SRI) at Paiko over the weekend to get the range sorted. Not sure how that went as i couldnt make the shoot. Hopefully it all went well
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 9:13am
I know of two properties where the farmer allowed air gun shooting at targets for decades. However when the new regulations came into play the farmers decided that it just wasn’t worth the hassle of having to get their property deemed to be a certified range. So sadly the properties were closed to air gunners.
We now all have a second chance opportunity to write to the new minister to let her know the mpact the regulations had on our sport. Hopefully our sport will be able to recover.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 9:18am
Maybe NZAFTA, as a body could too?

What is the address we would write to? I'll certainly give it a crack.
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 9:22am
Piako was shot for many years. It is an example of a safe shooting venue caught up in the hopefully to be repealed regulations. I hate to think what it cost the club in time, money and stress to get to the point of possibly being certified. Then of course there are the after certification inspector visits. I know of 2 certified ranges that have been re-inspected only to be given lists of re-work to be completed. The reworks were ok when the ranges received their initial certification. To me it seems that no matter how safe and well run a range may be there seems to be a hidden agenda to do whatever it takes by the authorities to close it is shut down..
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 9:24am
I wouldn’t hold my breath on the NZAFTA making a submission. They didn’t do so last time and I don’t think much has changed since then.
I will do some research and get the Ministers address for you over the next couple of days.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 9:25am
be nice if they brought the 12fpe in pcp like England too.
 Though that could be a double edge sword, as it might affect springers and pump.
 Probly get a few more club shooters if they did 12fpe pcp. 
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 1:51pm
12FPE - that would be an interesting development. For me personally it wouldn’t be a problem although I suspect that for some it might be a significant issue.
Declan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 4:40pm
As promised, here is the contact detail for Nicole McKee:
Nicole McKee
Associate Minister Justice
Private Bag 18888
Parliament Buildings
Wellington 6160

Letters sent to Parliament do not require a postage stamp.

Email:
Nicole.McKee@parliament.govt.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic