Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ordering in airgun parts from overseas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordering in airgun parts from overseas
    Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 10:50am
Good morning all,

I know a few of you have ordered in air gun parts from overseas. Looking at sometime getting a big bore breech and .25 cal barrel for the 362. I know Freight out of USA can be exhausting but what is it like getting the parts in NZ? Don't want to get them here then they are confiscated or the men in blue turning up...!

Or can I get an importer like Young's to source and import?
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 1:18pm
Generally airgun parts are ok, they are not prohibited goods. Ive imported barrels from UK, but only pistol barrels for HW45/75/40 so would look like short metal rods rather than rifle length barrels.
But in saying that I know of people who have got rifle barrels for Weihrauch also out of UK with no issue

If in doubt, send an email to the police import permits email address stating that the parts are for air rifles only, not suitable for firearms, and ask if they would require an import permit.
You may get a response back within a couple of days or a week or so stating that they are air gun parts and require no permiot for importing.
Then you can have the overseas supplier include the letter in the parcel if customs wishes to stop it for checking.

In regards to Youngs, he doesnt deal in a lot of aftermarket parts so if its not a standard part for an airgun he likely wont import it.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 2:18pm
And maybe when dealing with the Police, explain that the part is exclusive to your gun, ie Crosman 362.

Let us know how that goes as I am looking for a bigger cal barrel for a pistol build.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 4:29pm
Awesome thanks for that J-S and Pauly. Wont be till next year at this stage but will certainly be updating you when I get into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic