Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pistol build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 4:47pm
If it's anything like the last build, 2000 psi seems to be best for this unregulated setup. More pressure and the hammer can't hit the valve hard enough the way it is, and the first few shots are really slow until the tank drops in pressure, so it's a waste to go higher.

So I have now dissassembled it and have washed everything to get rid of any swarf and oils. It's amazing how much work goes into this. Each of the caphead screws that retain the valves has been turned down to perfectly fit the hole and countersunk hole in the valve blocks. This means no movement when the tank is pressurized and they all bear the load equally.
There's more, but that'd get boring.

All clean and dry awaiting refitting.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2023 at 11:00am
Looks bloody cool. Like the straight pull cocking!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 11:51pm
Time for duelling pistols. Completed the second build and had a quick shoot. putting out 10 fpe. Still some things to refine, but shoots nice.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 8:21am
looking good Pauly.
 Like the breech on second. What's the size difference compared to original. 
 10 ft. Lb is a good amount of power for a bird gun. Fancy chucking a stock on one and testing it out to 30m? Be keen to see its accuracy when it streaches out a bit. 
 Whats the end goal? Hunting pistol, target pistols?
 Decided on a finish for them or you they stay metal? 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 8:55am
End goal? Enjoyment, and functionality. It is a really interesting question though as sometimes the build is directed by what you can do, then as you get more confidence it changes. For example the latest one I made the breech myself and it has it's quirks, but on the next one I know better what to do.

I don't plan to change colour, but have wondered what home anodising would look like, but quite like that semi polished alu with black or walnut look. Giving them a polish seems to harden the surface a bit too and they don't mark as much as unpolished.

They are both the same tank size and calibre. Latest has a shorter barrel.

Yea, I will try the stock on them, as I am keen to see what they go like at longer distances too. I will put a rifle scope on also as the pistol scope is challenging to use.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 9:10am
That bluing you get from heat treating would pretty awsome too, l think. Another possibity could be to bore the cylinder tube in a solid square  block of Aluminium and then shape the outside for grip.
 Just throwing random ideas. Pistols are great as is, but you know arm chair spectator and all that. 👍

Edited by kruzaroad - 14 Dec 2023 at 9:10am
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 9:18am
If I had a big enough machine I could do more.

Blueing sounds good, but don't think alu responds to that.

I am coming up with a trigger frame made out of alu plate, or even a block including trigger frame that the air tube attaches too.

Ideas are great, it's surprising that although some seem ambitious, there are concepts and ideas to be taken from them.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 1:14pm
Sweet pair! 
now... how about spring loaded bolt so you pull back and lock open to load it then a button releases the bolt forward ready to fire?? Wink
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 2:28pm
wouldn't that be hard on the probe?
 Noisier than just closing it? 
 Run the risk of wedging the pellet if it didn't sit straight.

I know with the 1322 I like charged, then decocking the bolt slowly, pushing the pellet in with bolt, then leaving the bolt loose ( sitting in firing position, not locked but saftey on) which allows me to keep the hammer spring from sitting under tension as I wait or stalk.
 Extend probe (Pauly made) needs to be cocked to allow the pellet to fit, so no chance of pellet falling out if not cocked. Plus the probe pushes it in far enough it doesn't come loose. 
 Cocking is just pull back, push forward, turn downwards in one short, quick, hardly noticable finger movement.
 But that's just my view. Could be a good set up for all I know never having tried a button release bolt. 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 12:41am
Here it is with stock and rifle scope.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic