Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pistol build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 12:39pm
Not by much though.
Running it out to 80m it's only about 1 to 2ft/lb approx,depending on bc

Jsb hades 15.89gr
632fps = 14.1 ft/lb
Bc of 0.023
6ft/lb at 80m

Jsb exact jumbo 15.89gr
632fps = 14.1 ft/lb
Bc of 0.031
7.5 ft/lb at 80m

Jsb match Diablo exact heavy 18.13gr
580fps = 13.59 ft/lb
Bc of 0.035
8.75ft/lb at 80m.

80m may be a bit to far but I went for the 5fpe approx to kill a rabbit, on worst bc, and who knows what the finished gun with a standard 22xx clip on stock may be capable of.

But it definitely sits well in the range of useful power for hunting.
Being it's a 22xx breach you should pop the barrel off your 362 and see what sort of gains you get.

Edited by kruzaroad - 18 Oct 2023 at 12:41pm
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 9:46pm
If I was to make one that had the crosman stock on it, I would make a bigger tank, which would allow more shots at the higher power. But of course nothing wrong with making a bigger tank for the pistol. If I was hunting with it, i'd be resting it against something to steady it anyway.
But how many shots are you going to get with a pistol when hunting rabbits? They seem to get plenty in the UK with sub 12 fpe, so 13/15 fpe should be adequate, but challenging. I wouldn't be taking 80 m shots with a pistol, it'd be a gamble.

Yea I might try the 362 barrel on it. That had crossed my mind.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 9:55pm

Shot three 5 shot groups plus a couple of sighters this arvo.

Distance 15m. Accuracy is there.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 10:05pm
Nice 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 8:06am
I'd imagine that a bi pod would be the go for a pistol.
Yep 80m is unrealistic for a pistol, was more about fpe drop, but the bc supprised me. I wasn't expecting a same weight pellet to gain that much just on bc.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 10:08pm

I made a start on number 2 today. First part made was the fill valve block. Its sitting next to one I did my trials with, but use it for sizing.

I will make a bigger tank for this one and thinking about a folding stock. I made a mount for the stock that doubles as the hammer spring retaining block so easy to swap between pistol and carbine, but of course stock can be folded too.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 9:38pm
Very fancy 👍🏻
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 10:38pm
I started on some new grips a couple of days ago. made from a bit of walnut I have.
The next build will get them, but here they are with a first coat of oil.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 7:52am
Beauty!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 7:26am
I've made a start on another pistol this past week. First off I made the fill valve, firing valve and hammer retaining blocks. That's the majority of turning work done, then next is preparing the tube. Mapping out slots and holes for trigger and breech.
This time I am using a cap head screw for the hammer pin with a bushing to stop threads catching on the slot. Certainly feels more solid than a pin. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic