Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCP wannabe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tentman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCP wannabe
    Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 9:13pm
Gidday Guys(from Invervegas). Some years ago I had an S400 (I think) but it didn't stick and I stayed a 22RF nut - at least 10 guns later "I'm baaaaack".

I went to the recent shoot at Sparrowhawk and hung out with all the FX nuts (even got to have a good chat with Matt Dubber) but came away without having imbibed the "Impact" kool-aid.

So I'm here to learn from you guys.

I'm thinking I'd like to get a "set and forget" (as farms that's possible) 22 going that delivers at least 30 fpe and ideally 50 or 60 in a light bullpup configuration.   And did I mention I'm from Southland with short arms and deep pockets so it's not gonna cost more than $2K. If anybody knows of something in a gunshop let me know. I have talked to Jeremy about his Wildcat but it doesn't quite tick all the boxes at its price point.

Regards
Foster
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 11:05pm
A .22 bullpup that produces 60fpe… 🤔
Sounds like you’re into FX teritory.
You’d better start growing those arms a little longer 😂😂😂
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 8:28am
Welcome.

There's a .25 cal Wildcat in the sell part of this forum.  A reasonable price with a little left in your budget for air tanks.

Air Arms are a sure set and forget gun too. The only thing to consider when you go bullpup is that the cocking lever is forward. This makes it easier to cock while shouldered, but not a big thing especially if your arms are really short.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 9:19pm
Ive got really long arms (but unfortunately empty pockets at the moment) and my little Elly's cocking lever is right at the back, which is no problem, you get used to it.
I often cock with my left hand, keeping the rifle shouldered and my right hand on the pistol grip, i just reach over the cheek piece with my left hand and cock her, easy.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic