Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Break Barrel Pellet Pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Break Barrel Pellet Pistol
    Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:21pm
Afternoon all!

I'm just starting out in the world of air-gunning... Really keen to start with a break barrel pistol. The Hatsan Model 25 Supercharger would be the cream judging by what I've read, but anything that can do 600+ fps would be awesome.

I may consider CO2, but really wanting to go for break barrel if poss.

Cheers
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 10:39pm
One popped up on trademe a while back from memory.

Another option if you dont track down a mod25 is a Crosman 2250(c02) or 1322( multipump) then you can enter the world of modding and making it your own. Several of us on here have done these up and can help with performance upgrades etc...
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 1:30pm
You can get the Benjamin Trail pistol which is a nitropiston. Hefty but good powder, probably smoother to shoot than the hatsan being nitropiston.

Cheapest place ive seen them was Youngs Airguns, maybe around $400, Gun City is $499
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
JShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 4:49pm
Nice - I hadn't come across Youngs before - looks like I could become a customer Wink
Very well priced Benjamin Trail pistol - leaning that way I recon.

Having said that, the Crossman 2250 is actually catching my eye now. Being a .22 at 550fps, would they have a similar stopping power to a 650fps .177 (for small game)? And how many good rounds would you get out of a CO2 cartridge? 

Billbob mentioned upgrades. Is there a few things you can do to to these ones?

Cheers
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 11:37am
Originally posted by JShooter JShooter wrote:

Nice - I hadn't come across Youngs before - looks like I could become a customer Wink
Very well priced Benjamin Trail pistol - leaning that way I recon.

Having said that, the Crossman 2250 is actually catching my eye now. Being a .22 at 550fps, would they have a similar stopping power to a 650fps .177 (for small game)? And how many good rounds would you get out of a CO2 cartridge? 

Billbob mentioned upgrades. Is there a few things you can do to to these ones?

Cheers

2250 is a great platform. Buy one, throw away the trash scope it comes with and buy yourself a steel breech and new probe (Youngs has just got in some but they wont be around long as they sell out).
Then get him to change the tamper proof screws on the stock for replacable ones then you can change between a carbine stock and rifle scope, to pistol with red dot..

Co2 youll probably get 20-30 good shots, and the good thing with co2 is you can add an adapter and suppressor for a very quiet gun.

google "customs crosman 2250" and drool. Also prepare your credit card for a pounding..
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
JShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 12:28pm
Hey all
For the past long while, I've been trying to import a Mod25 from Krale but the association took so long to get back to me on the application, that they're now out of stock!

So I decided to stick with something local - and move up to a multipump rifle. 
I've been looking at the Cannon ones from Youngs or they have the Webley Rebel as well - but I thought to ask around anyway if anyone has one they'd like to sell? I was kinda hoping to spend around that $150 - $200 mark just to get me started - maybe a bit more if someone had a .22 version

I dunno if I should start a new thread tho as this ones title is a bit misleading now!
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 1:14pm
Cannon and webbly rebels are all .177 arent they? If you get a cannon, get the one that has a threaded barrel end so you can add a suppressor.

JShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 2:40pm
Yup they're all .177 from youngs. Although I see online there seems to have been a .22 Webley around at some point Cool maybe just overseas.

I was more thinking if anyone had an old Crosman 362 or something that they were wanting to get rid of... Open to any options Big smile
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 4:58pm
Good luck geting someone to part with a 362 haha.
I just brought one and they are insanely accuate , fitted with a red dot scope.
As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 6:41pm
The 362 ain't exactly old yet. get hold of youngs to see if he has any in or on order. They are reasonably priced considering you will get a good accurate gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic