Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The $100 challenge.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 10:04pm
Nope I did play around with the .25 webbly, still not working but getting very close

Edited by Billbobnz - 18 Sep 2023 at 10:05pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 7:13pm
Get to play with trigger today bb
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 7:07pm
Wavey, yes that's it lol...
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 11:00pm
I'm assuming you mean wavey ( in my terminology) as wobbly to me indicates a lose fit barrel with movement.
So do you think the pellet was damaging as it passed through the wobble bit,otherwise it would just correct itself through the rest of barrel.
Maybe the press fitting warped it.
Would be interesting to catch a pellet undamaged and see.
If it was loose in the fitting, wouldn't a tack wield from barrel to the block it sits in, have been easier?

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 10:40pm
I was meant to work on mine today but life got in the way.

Kruza, just peering down mine with good light from end of barrel was all I needed, the wobbly section in mine was just the area that fits into the breech. Hench I cut this section off and re fitted it
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:40pm
Yep put a trigger adjustment on it.
I had to let mine off a bit as it started firing on closing. But it's light as still, no play. such a short distance to disengaging sear.
You could try measuring the bore diameter, to determine the best size pellet head to use. Then measure and weigh the pellets.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:18pm
Well I think I've gone as far as I can with this thing.  I was wrong about the offset difference between the port and the barrel.  There was a little difference, ut not enough to be an issue I don't believe.  However that would have been corrected when I eased the breech with a nice sharp flat file.  I set the gun up in the vice with a machinist's level and then took several careful wipes with the file and checked the barrel for level.  It only took about 3 attempts and the barrel was aligned with the cylinder.  I was still having trouble getting the cocking shoe to engage in the piston slot properly so I used an old chisel to spread it open a bit and then cut it back with a carbide burr and then a sanding ring in the Dremel to narrow it down enough to fit in the cylinder slot.

Got it all back together and mounted the Tasco scope, but I'm still not doing very well at 10m.  The gun is nice and tight and straight, but I've tried 12 different pellet types tonight and none is performing much better than the others.  It may be the operator, but I can do pretty good groups with the Cometa Fenix.  I might try adjusting the trigger as I've noted that it seems to have a bit more travel than earlier on and I'm pulling the shots on quite a few occasions.

FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 11:07am
I'd be keen on seeing the pics.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 10:56am
My barrel appears to be good and straight but it tilts down from the cylinder so there's no point in putting a scope on the dovetail grooves at this stage.  I was the same as you Kruza, I couldn't see the target through the iron sights, that's why I set up the red dot.  I did think of fitting an aftermarket fixed sight but my eyes aren't great either and the red dot is really easy to use with my glasses on.

However, I think I've found a potential cause of my pellet spread.  I looked at the breech this morning and took some measurement on the port position vs the barrel.  They don't match by a long way, I'd say less than 50%.  That probably explains why I can get reasonable groups at 6m but not enough power to do that at 10m.  I'll take some photos and give some measurements later on.  I want to straighten the breech anyway so I'll do that first then match the port to the barrel.
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 9:10am
How are you guys deciding your barrels are crooked and not in line?
When I get back to hasting I'll take out the piston and shine a light up the barrel and look through the cylinder and see if they line up. Probly run the lazer level through the bore too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
  Share Topic