Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The $100 challenge.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 5:46pm
I don't think so. I think 10m and 20m.
One because 10m is the official range and over the shorter distance may just take some of the spread out.
Twenty because it opens up groups, giving a more accurate picture of pellet movement, also if the trigger is stiff, there's barrel play etc it will show more at 20m.
So I think those should stay the distances. If ppl can't get to 20m then go to the distance they can. If you say shoot 13m then we can shoot a target at 13m for comparison to yours.
Ill prob try streaching it 25m 30m if 20m shoots OK.
Just my view mind.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 6:14pm
Im tempted to go and get one as well...but do i have the time to be tinkering around with it? ive got so many other projects that i have to finish first to keep the misses happy but ill see if i can find the time. When is the cut off date to see who is the best?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 6:41pm
Don't think there was one. Being a forum if you can always update.
But I'm assuming from momentum at moment there will be lots done in next month or two.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 6:53pm
Be good for you anyway Nunga.
Always good to get back to basics..i imagine it's been a long time since you
Had anything as primitive as this.
Maybe if we can get shooting accuracy from them at 10m a few of us who prob won't use them again could donate them to a air rifle club as loaners for newbez wanting to try out shooting at a club.
With a donated by www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz see if can get a few more members on board here.

Edited by kruzaroad - 23 Aug 2023 at 6:58pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 7:41pm
No time limit @nunga jump in any time

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 9:43pm
Ok, so I had a first shoot at a target and at first I thought the trigger was stuck, then it fired after I used my pneumatic ram. It freed up after that, but was still heavy, but reasonably crisp and predictable.

After the smoke cleared, I could see it was only about 30 mm low and to the left of aim point. Shot cycle was short and actually quite enjoyable.

Gatherings were reasonably intimate, with social distancing being generally ignored despite the parabolic barrel bore. 

Here's a couple of photos of breech, group and chrony results.

I actually enjoy shooting it, and look forward to modding it.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 9:47pm
Here's a short video of my first couple of shots. It's a link to youtube.

http://youtube.com/shorts/qCckiWUV1n0?feature=share

and a photo trying to show the bore.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 9:55pm
You gonna take it back and exchange it?
That sounded pretty quiet on the video.
Loved the smoke. Wonder what they coat them with.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 10:03pm
Nope, I will make do with what I got. The pellet should still come out straight, and the replacement might be worse.

It wasn't noisy, but camera doesn't pick all the sound up. It has a tidy little thump to it, and no twang at all.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:54am
Oh wow, that barrel does look a little bent 😳
I’ll check mine when I get home!
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
  Share Topic