Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The $100 challenge.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 10:32pm
Ok, so I got one too… 🙈
Mine didnt even come in a box, they just took it off the shelf, took the price tag off it and handed it to me (I think I heard someone mumbling “good luck” as I took it…?) 😳

Will also give it a 5 shot group tomorrow before a througha cleaning, then another 5 shot group before we start dissecting things.
I’m going to be doing all my testing at 10m, because that’s an international standard for target air rifles, and also because that’s how far I can shoot in my garden (if I’m sitting in the dinning room 😂).

Billbob, that’s a horrendous group!!! 🙈 but if you look on the bright side, it can only get better from here on 👍🏻
Shoot a group at 10m so we can all compare apples with apples.

This whole excercise should be fun, I’m looking forward to it.
Pauly, you got one yet?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 11:08pm
Welcome aboard Sir.

Time will tell if it's me or the gun! Hahahaha
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 6:56am
Hey or the pellet! When was the last time you found the best pellet first tin?
I'm going to try the docking rings to see if I can tune it to a pellet.
I also have a sneaking feeling from the 1322 which is closest I have to the fpe of this gun that head size will make a difference.
Once I get it clean and broken in I'll measure a few pellets and see.
I'm tempted to buy a tin of alloys just to see how they go.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 7:43am
More of a gathering than a group. LOL

I plan to get mine today and shoot some gatherings too. I can shoot 20 m at home, but 13 from the comfort of my garage, so it'll be 13m from me.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 10:41am
well. this all looks kinda fun!
Has anyone knocked off the front sight to see what the crown looks like? May get some accuracy from a bore polish and re-crown.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

I plan to get mine today and shoot some gatherings too. I can shoot 20 m at home, but 13 from the comfort of my garage, so it'll be 13m from me.

I think the pellets are actually social distancing...
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 12:25pm
@J-S are you going to join us?

I'll knock off the front sight in the weekend so will let you know.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by J-S J-S wrote:

Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

I think the pellets are actually social distancing...

Haha, that'll be it.

Well I picked my green one up today. A quick look down the barrel showing a nice parabolic feature. Externally it looks ok, but bore ain't straight. Breech has matching diagonal hacksaw marks across breech block and barrel with additional swarf extending into the barrel lead in.

More feature than I expected for sure.

I had been tempted paying the extra $30 to get the black stock, but common sense prevailed.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 2:42pm
eek how are the rest of your guys bores.
I can't check mine yet. After going and buying a dremel set while waiting for the mechanic to fix his diagnostic of brakes rubbing ( I had sujested a failing bearing) and it's OK to drive it the next couple of days, till we can get you in, he said oh your bearing has collapsed you can't drive anywhere. So now staying in middle of Hastings having just spent my last 900 on what I need to get it fixed.
Not happy has damaged a bit and due to bad mechanic diagnosis. Went from 250 to 900. So not in best place to be pulling out a rifle.and looking down the barrel.
Still. I got the rifle and dremel before it collapsed.
So that was bonus.
Miss 4 days work because of it, so rather glad it's alter the original parts. Lest it's not going to cost any more.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 5:31pm
I didnt get to shoot my Green Mamba to day, too many other things on the go.
But I did get to spend a moment admiring it, and that’s when I noticed…
There is hardly anything written on it! No warnings, nothing, not even a model or series name.
Just “AirChief” and a very long serial number.
Hell, mine dosent even have the caliber written anywhere on it! 😳😳😳
Tomorrow first shots.
I can get 13m if I put my pellet trap in the flower bed ext to the fence, so should we standardize our grouping distance to 13m for comparison sake?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
  Share Topic