Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The $100 challenge.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2024 at 10:36am
Originally posted by KiwiTR6 KiwiTR6 wrote:

I've had a bit more of a play with the gun and proven to myself that the mounting position of the red dot scope I'm using (rear iron sight mount vs dovetail) is not the reason for the scatter I'm still getting.

I did get a very tight group of 3 shots by pressing the pellets in 6mm or so but the next two were well off.  I thought I'd cracked it but apparently not.

So next I pushed a pellet the full length of the bore with a piece of aluminium welding wire to see if I could feel any tight spots and found that the it's choked - which I wasn't expecting.  Otherwise, the pellet slides freely after the initial set.

My question is, will removing the choke help improve accuracy at all, and if so, how do I go about it?

you may find slightly larger pellet head size works well if the pellet feels too free (sloppy) after the initial length.. something like 4.53 headsize ratehr than 4.52 may be enough.
Or a thin skirted pellet like JSB should blow out into the rifling to engage

regarding the choke, only was I can see to remove it is not exactly reversible - chop it off and recrown..
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
  Share Topic