Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The $100 challenge.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 2:39pm
Sweet. Tell him next time I'm down he can give me a few pointers on shooting.
What you end up doing to the gun, what ammo.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 4:53pm
Haven't done anymore to the gun. I've got some shims to bring the barrel aliment down but cannot for the life of me fine my loctite
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:29pm
Righto

Getting back onto this. Going to se if some highend PCP technology may help with accuracy. Been watching some video on YouTube regarding harmonic barrel tuners, and though I might turn something up on the lathe this week and test out if they can make any difference with break barrels and no better place to start is with this little rifle.....

Will report back once I've got something on the end to test
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:47pm
Eh wasn't your son plinking away fine with?
Sure it's not ya shooting. Lol.
Be interested to see how it goes.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 3:07pm
Hahaha yes it is still for Oliver but I still want to tinker with it. Haha
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 8:58pm
Mine sits in the gun safe maturing.

I am allowing the steel manufacturing streses to normalise.

I am sure Rolls Royce used to use a similar ageing process. LOL
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 9:14pm
Yea, I would be interested in a good bit of weight added to the barrel, like a steel tube. This would stop muzzle flip.
But it would be interesting to see the result.
Shot mine yesterday at 15 m.
Didn't like Qy pellets 100 mm group.
Jsb express better with a 60 mm group and some klugermiestenheinikin wad cutter pellets worked best with 3 pellets in 30 mm group.
I had mounted a scope, so I knew it wasn't me.
I'd just been printing 5mm groups with my AA S200, so was in practice.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Yea, I would be interested in a good bit of weight added to the barrel, like a steel tube. This would stop muzzle flip.
But it would be interesting to see the result.
Shot mine yesterday at 15 m.
Didn't like Qy pellets 100 mm group.
Jsb express better with a 60 mm group and some klugermiestenheinikin wad cutter pellets worked best with 3 pellets in 30 mm group.
I had mounted a scope, so I knew it wasn't me.
I'd just been printing 5mm groups with my AA S200, so was in practice.

For the cheapies, i wonder if bore polishing paste might help accuracy? smooth out any odd bits in the barrel or do you think it would soften the rifling too much?

Love the look of those S200s, nice and light for bird guns & pigeon lobotomies.. Some of their other guns are just too big and hefty WinkBig smile
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 11:58am
Very windy day here, decided to see if could get the lazer on the air chief. (it's been living a life of neglect in the wool shed) 
Took off the rear sight, but the lazer holes weren't right distance and don't have tools to tap a new hole.
 Still cranked one bolt down tight as and got it sighted, first 5 shots at 10m all went the bull. Then it got loose and moved, so gave up and went back to open sight. 
 So in between forgetting the pin slides out of rear sight and it cants it, got my sh*t together and checked it every time I loaded.
 Best group 30mm by 35mm on open sights. 6 in bull and 4 just below and right.
 But the fun....  Went through a hundred odd rounds just plinking. 
 Still haven't done anything else to it, but seriously not expecting great accuracy and just plinking, it's great little gun to keep in pratice with open sights. 
 Still haven't added gel pads or done anything else to it.  
 How's the rest of you gone with improvements to it? 

KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 9:41pm
I've had a bit more of a play with the gun and proven to myself that the mounting position of the red dot scope I'm using (rear iron sight mount vs dovetail) is not the reason for the scatter I'm still getting.

I did get a very tight group of 3 shots by pressing the pellets in 6mm or so but the next two were well off.  I thought I'd cracked it but apparently not.

So next I pushed a pellet the full length of the bore with a piece of aluminium welding wire to see if I could feel any tight spots and found that the it's choked - which I wasn't expecting.  Otherwise, the pellet slides freely after the initial set.

My question is, will removing the choke help improve accuracy at all, and if so, how do I go about it?
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
  Share Topic