Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The $100 challenge.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 8:54pm
Yep I'm pretty impressed with that.
Nice work. Do you have the red dot mounted to dove tail mountings or the barrel where open sights were.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 9:08am
The red dot is mounted on the dovetail these days with a picatinny adapter to give it a bit of height.  The breech snaps closed super smoothly and positively thanks to a good application of my 'special' oil!

FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 3:27pm
What's happened to all of the guns that were purchased for this project?  It's gone mighty quiet Confused

I've gone as far as I can with current thinking - I was hoping that others out there might have some new ideas that I could incorporate!

Perhaps an update from each owner?
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 3:55pm
The green mamba is standing in a corner at the moment.
I need to change the scope (I dont trust the second hand killwell I got from Youngs) and try it again.
I havent even gotten around to taking it apart and fiddeling with it, which was the original intention!

I had it shooting fairly well a little while ago, when everyone else was in the middle of cutting and grinding and polishing all their internals, and when they were all put back together there didnt seem to be that much of an improvement across the group... hummm Stern Smile

But I'll take mine apart anyway because I need the experiance.
One thing thats worrying me is I dont have a spring clamp. Might have to make do with some ratchet straps or something.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:50pm
Good evening all. Sorry life has got in the way over the last few weeks and I haven't touched my guns at all. Hoping for some time this weekend.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 8:29am
Good to know your still alive and kicking bb.
Nesting season, breding season guess that CO2 rifle be out soon.
Though you could use the air chief and just scare them lol
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 8:31am
Haven't done much, but I want to pull it apart again as there's a lot of resistance when cocking it. I am weary of what is rubbing.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 1:16pm
Good to be back. While the wife was out thinking I was working on the gardens we are building I put a red dot on the air chief shortened the stock by 2 inches and a quick sight in my son is plinking away at a bottle at 12m and hitting it every time.

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 1:22pm

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 1:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
  Share Topic