Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simple springs hastings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple springs hastings
    Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 9:45am
So just got out of simply springs.
They will do main springs. Also do trigger/hammer/recoil etc springs for some of the gunsmiths around here.
Totally familiar with gun springs.
They are able to make custom powered main springs for air rifles . A 5 to 10% increase will be trial and error once your up around the 30% mark its down to calculations.
American imperial thickness may be a bit more of a hassel as has manly metric round steel.
English guy who's dad was an air gun shooter in blighty.
Min charge of 30 bucks, so he's making me 2 springs for hammer.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

So just got out of simply springs.
They will do main springs. Also do trigger/hammer/recoil etc springs for some of the gunsmiths around here.
Totally familiar with gun springs.
They are able to make custom powered main springs for air rifles . A 5 to 10% increase will be trial and error once your up around the 30% mark its down to calculations.
American imperial thickness may be a bit more of a hassel as has manly metric round steel.
English guy who's dad was an air gun shooter in blighty.
Min charge of 30 bucks, so he's making me 2 springs for hammer.

Thats good to hear! I have a couple of guns that are twangy and suspect the spring is loose on the spring guide. they have a fixed spring guide to TBT kit is out of the question. Perhaps a custom spring with a custom tophat would do..
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 10:22am
Worth asking. All hand made.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 12:04pm
That's awesome to have someone in NZ
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 12:09pm
Well I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot more.
Just never a avenue I've looked down till I got dimensions for a spring and Pauly said there was a spring maker in welly.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 5:16pm
That's sweet. It's a 30buck min charge.
He made me 4 hammer springs with varing strengths so I could find out what I prefured.
Happy with that for sure.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 11:01pm
That's good work. 

The place in Wellington is called superior springs. I've never been there, but know of it.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 8:22am
So I settled on the second hardest spring which will clear the air valve at 15 pumps.
All springs fitted well.
Buy putting the spring back into the hammer and compressing with my finger, it was relatively easy to feel the differnt resistance and elimate two strait away.
Didn't go for the hardest as will at some stage get softer spring made up for valve return spring.
Pleased with results. Worth keeping this place in mind for spring replacemts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic