Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crazy idea that kind of worked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crazy idea that kind of worked
    Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 10:04am
I had this crazy idea of turning my cr600 into a multipump using a PCP hand pump..!!

couple of quick changes of fittings on the pump made it fit in place of the bulk fill c02 tank and away i went. 

3 pumps and its around 1000psi and only getting just shy of 600fps (average on C02 is 560fps) and get 2 good shots before the pressure drops off. So probably classed as more pcp haha. 

I did go up to 1500psi but then the fps dropped back so obviously fighting against the valve reducing the flow. 

fun idea while it lasted - back on c02 

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 12:18pm
Interesting…
I’ve never bought into the co2 idea because I dont like the idea of having to continuously keep buying co2 cartridges 🤔 I also don’t like the idea of single use items, use it once and throw it away, add to some land fill somewhere. So I like your idea of a conversion 👍🏻
Any way u could add a regulator in there and keep a more constant velocity and a longer shot count?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 2:56pm
I've got two sets of parts (valve & hammer assembly, reservoir, etc) for converting these into unregulated PCP version if anyone's interested. FAL obviously needed. You do need to drill a hole in the stock for the reservoir pressure gauge. I got 900ish fps with 14.6g pellet. Didn't play with spring tension but had increased transfer port from its CO2 days.
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 2:58pm
https://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/tests/smk-pr900w-review/
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:16pm
ooooooooh if i used those parts with still running c02 will that maybe improve the fps further? ive modded the internals to as far as you can go
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:17pm
i obviously wont need the reservoir 
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 4:13pm
You're welcome to try but I don't think you'll get much of an improvement using PCP parts for CO2. The increase in power for the PCP version is because the air is at way higher pressure than the CO2 and gives more energy to accelerate the pellet, not because the PCP parts are 'better'. Happy to be proven wrong!

See parts diagrams for the CO2 and PCP versions attached which might be useful
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 4:05am
You can get high pressure 12grm refillable cartridges for air off the Web.
So if you upgrade the internals you could carry a 12grm cartridge for when a larger quarry is being hunted.
It would would probly make it a pcp when the cartridge was in.
That CR of yours was a great little gun when I tried it billbob. I'd just keep it as a close range CO2 and bird gun.
That 2250 or what ever it is would be the one to modify. Parts ready avalible, modifications to ports and air chamber can be done easily. Throw a longer barrel and a bi pod on it, should be acurate and steady enough. And of course if the air canister is facing back (as yours is) its not a stock but..... and pcp pistols don't require a licence.

Edited by kruzaroad - 13 Jul 2023 at 4:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic