Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Nunga

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Nunga
    Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 11:10am
I've run out photo space.
So two questions
1. Will those bb codes link to off site photos? ( not sure what a bb code is)
2. If there's extra space not being used, I'd be keen to pay an annual fee
for extra storage for pics. This would allow extra space for those who want it (or like me just think pics tell a story better)

Either way what's the best way to link back to pics without dragging people off site to see them?
Cheers
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:48pm
I have changed hosts a few months back and there might be more space available on their new servers. Ill have a look this afternoon and adjust the site settings to suit. the other provider was limited on space so i had to restrict the amount of data.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 1:57pm
Ive set the limit to 200mb per user now. we shall see how that goes.

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 5:18pm
Hi Nunga,
I was having difficulty up loading photos taken with my iPhone, because the file sizes were too big.
I don’t know how to get my phone to take smaller size photos, does anyone here know how to?
I’ve ended up taking photos of bigger areas, I.e, the whole table, then cropping them down to just the rifle lying on the table to make them smaller…???
Any help would be appreciated.
Pete.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 7:26pm
There is a 4mb limit per file that is uploaded. this was done because you would use up your file space on the site very quickly.

As i dont own a Iphone i dont know about it. However. i did find this link online

Not sure if that is what you are looking for but hope it helps.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 11:38pm
Not an I ph guy. Was thinking a link that pulled an off site image into the frame as apposed to loading from your storage. (is that the bb thingy)
I familer with dropping image resalution or cropping to drop image data size. ( have to with most of pics as res to high on ph camera)
Nope this is the used all allocated space and looking for alternate way to add more images.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Nope this is the used all allocated space and looking for alternate way to add more images.

I have increased the allocated space for everyone from 20Mb to 200MB per person.

Edited by nunga - 02 Jul 2023 at 2:44pm

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 3:06pm
That Nunga is awsome! Thank you very much. Thats plenty to play with.
Cheers much appresiated.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 5:57pm
Wow, that’s great! Thanks.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 10:36pm
Thanks Ian. 

I use an app to reduce the photo file size before uploading.

I use Android tablet 99 % of the time. When posting a reply, how can I access the photos ive already loaded? I can't seem to find how to insert from there, but have to re upload them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic