Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo Delta Fox GT Whisper .177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 2:51pm
Miserable rainy day today, so I did some more testing…
Tested pellets number 3 and 4 today.
First up, JSB Hades 10,43gr.
Same protocol, measured 25 pellets for head diameter. Very consistante, only 0.02mm variation.
Shot a group of 10 on left to “lead in”, then shot 5 more on right for more “leading in”.
Then a group of 10 in the center. All shot at 10m.

The group on the right was great, then the poi for the 10 in the middle shifted up, and I can’t explain why???

Same protocol with the next pellets, JSB Exacts 8.44gr.
Measured 25 pellets for head size. Also very consistent, 0.02mm veriation.
Started with the 5 shot group on the right. Rain stopped play and I wasn’t sure there was any more point in continuing… ???

I’ve put a pellet in the hole to show size.

I know it’s “just a youth rifle” and a cheap Gamo… And I know it was only shot at 10m.
But I’m pretty impressed with it so far 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by RangerPete - 30 Jun 2023 at 3:28pm
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 8:43pm
youth rifles can be hell acurate so I'm told. (looks like it!)
People rubbish gamo, I'm not a fan but the simple fact is, if the gun the works for you, and you achieve results, then it's a good gun. Some people love gamo and shoot them well.
Isn't ten meter an official comp target distance?
Thats great shooting, I'd be stoked with that too 👍
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 10:42am
Ja, I believe 10m air rifle and 10m air pistol are Olympic sports.
But I don’t think they would allow me to use my shooting sticks like I did for the above tests 😂.
However they do use those funny stright jackets and gloves that would make Michale Jackson jealous 😂
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 10:58am
Unfortunately all the shooting sticks have done is eliminate anything but shooter fault for free standing at 10m 😛
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:53am
The Hades looks good but id say they are too heavy for the gun. The Exacts look like the perfect pellet for that gun.

Groups like that are what keeps shooters enjoying the sport, doesnt matter what the gun is.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:00pm
I finally managed to chrony the little Delta Fox GT Whisper today.
It is pushing a 8,44gr JSB exact at 451fps (averaged over 5 shots), with an extreme spread of only 6fps 😳, quite impressive.
Those figures combined give a whopping total of 3.8ft-lb of energy, so it’s no possum slayer, but then that was never its intended purpose.
I bought it for my son, to be his first rifle, so he can learn how to shoot, learn how to shoulder a rifle, learn how to squeeze a trigger, learn how to handle a firearm and hopefully, learn the etiquette of good gun manners.
I think it will do just fine 😉.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 3:17pm
Looking good. Advertised velocity looks around 525fps, so with lighter pellets you should get that. May find the JSB Exact Express work well too being lighter weight. But the grouping you are getting shows its doing just fine!

Its a good power level that hes going to enjoy shooting it, he can learn to handle it well and shoot on his own rather than someone cocking it for him if it was a high power gun.
Hopefully another airgun fanatic in the making.Nice work
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 7:56pm
Took my son out for his first session with his Gamo Delta Fox GT Whisper today, despite the horrible weather.
He loved it and was consistently hitting spinners from 5m to 20m the whole day.
At one point he said to me “Dad, this spring is really working hey.”
I said “What do you mean?”
He said “This spring inside my gun, my arms getting sore from cocking it”
😂😂😂
I swear he shot through half a tin of 500 JSB exacts! 😂

What I found interesting was that even though I thought I had nipped all the screws up tight, his little 3.8FPE rifle still has enough recoil to loosen the screws on the rings and the scope had shifted back a little! 😳
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 6:20am
Looks like a happy kid. If he's shooting that well won't be long till that under lever next to him is in his sights.
Good on ya, must be a great feeling to be shooting with your boy!
F&<k xbox, quality time teaching a quality skill. Tell him we all said awsome shooting, he's a natural. 👍
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 9:35am
Great to see. Spinners make cool sounds when you hit them.

I reckon shooting is one of those skills you treasure for life as you often re discover it and it gives your mind a break from all the rubbish happening in the wotld.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic