Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hatsan 130 vs 135 ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hatsan 130 vs 135 ???
    Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 12:01am
Hi Folks,
Does anyone know what the differences are between the Hatsan .30cal models?
The obvious difference is the 130 has a synthetic thumb hole stock and the 135 has a more traditional wallnut looking stock. But does anyone know if there are any mechanical or size/power differences?
Mercs, any clue?
Many thanks,
Pete.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:26pm
I think .... it's only the stock design that's different. The barrel and powerplant is the same.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:40pm
https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/mod-130s-qe/

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/mod-135-vortex-qe-carnivore-30cal/

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:46pm
Thanks Nunga.
It seems they are identical power plants, triggers and barrels.
Only difference is the stocks.
I was keen on the Second hand 130 on trade me, but after reading about how powerful it is and can shake a scope to pieces and all the loose screws and wobbly barrels… 🤔
I phoned Youngs to ask about prices, he says the 130 synthetic should be about $150 cheaper than the wallnut, so the guy on trade me’s price is way off.
I also asked him about scopes for the .30cal, and he simply said “NO”.
So I think I’ll save up a bit more money and find my self a .30cal pcp 😉
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 5:59pm
When I was looking for a "big bore" the 135 Carnivore was available with spring power unit.
I believe the 130 big bore composite units use the gas piston (vortex) power plants.
Any sort of scope saving device will add $120 to $180.
Surprisingly the Stealth Red Dot survived the 135.

HATSAN 135 WALNUT 30 CAL

Hatsan MOD 130S Vortex QE Big Bore Breakbarrel

They come with a mixed Picatinny and dovetail rail, however some Picatinny fittings interfere with the dovetail rail so may need a bit of work.
I believe any mounted optic will eventually fail so air rating and warranty are important.
Diana ZR mount could work and should eliminate recoil but they are hard to find and some accuracy loss could be expected.

Optic Examples
Stealth 30mm Scope $200 mounted on SportsMatch dovetail Dampa Mount $140 to give some protection.
This was a very accurate setup but did eventually fail.

Stealth Red Dot $80 on Picatinny mount lasted but factory sights are rather good as well which is how I use it now.

Edited by mercs - 24 Jun 2023 at 8:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 10:16pm
Thanks Mercs,
That is a good looking rifle in a walnut dress…
Youngs says he is getting in some more sometime soon, I’m sure he said he is expecting 130’s and 135’s in his next shipment.,
But he couldn’t say if they were going to be spring or vortex.
I’d love to try your 135 on a few plinking targets, any chance you’re planning a trip to central north island any time soon…? 😂

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 11:59am
Just noticed, the Model 130 .30 on trade me in Dunedin - does not have the QE barrel and its saying vortex piston. 

looks like the same barrel style as what is on my hatsan made webbly .25

Edited by Billbobnz - 26 Jun 2023 at 12:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 6:00pm
Hi Billbob,
If it’s the same one we are talking about, I’m sure the picture of the side of the box showed the model number as ……QE 🤔
Does yours have a spring or a piston system?
Does webely have their own piston system?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:29am
it says QE on box, but photo of barrel isnt a QE barrel

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/sports/hunting-shooting/air-guns-parts/air-rifles/listing/4197938859

my webbly was spring but in the process of turning it to Gas piston. Hatsan brought Webbly at some stage. If you get your hands on a genuine UK webbly the better. 

Edited by Billbobnz - 27 Jun 2023 at 10:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic