Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo terminology…?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 12:06pm
All I can say is they are the marketting kings of airguns, unfortunately.
Your confusion is a result of their constant attempts at introducing new features.. Mostly just model names etc, but they abbreviate the mundane to make it sound better so they are constantly upselling the same thing.

Im not a Gamo fan so im afraid youll not get much good input from me so sorry in advance, some are and so be it Thumbs Up, but with so much market share they have no excuse for not scrapping all the SAT, GRT, IGT, CAT, MAXXIM, 10X, CRAP, melting off all that plastic and starting from scratch building a decent quality well built rifle that doesnt kill scopes or new shooters hopes & dreams, with a good trigger at a good price.
As the service agent Youngs Airguns has a constant flow of gamo multishots as they break so often - with the smallest wear (they are plastic afterall) they fail so shots dont load properly or jam. The fact that they are onto version 3 after only a couple of years indicates they are in constant need for improvement to be reliable.. 
Cometa has a very good trigger for a budget rifle, with the only setback being the plastic trigger blade - theres no reason gamo cant develop something as good or better than the cometa

(But yes, $115 for a Delta Fox is a good buy - they are lower power so it should be a good shooter compared to their SUPERULTRAMEGAMAGNUM IGT 10X MAXXIPADS)

I have a BSA lightning (Gamo era), I put a Knibbs (Theoben Spec) gas ram in it and its just over 11 footpound and very smooth to cock and shoot - its a short cylinder so trying to get more power out of it would be silly. The BSA barrel should be very accurate, and a good reliable powerplant (now).
The trigger is actually ok; its heavy but not creepy so the let off is consistent. It techniclaly isnt a 2 stage trigger, but a pseudo-2 stage trigger - the sprung blade pivots slightly to give the feeling of a first stage before reaching the let off. Its odd, but works buts its still an example of Gamos masking tape fixes rather than spending the time to redevelop.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic