Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Importing a PCP pistol - how to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing a PCP pistol - how to?
    Posted: 15 May 2023 at 2:39pm
Those look cool dont they!!
ive imported a couple of things but mainly pistols for target shooting as I belong to a target club (target shooting being the reason for import, justified by being a member of a club)

So I suppose you need to find reason for the item, or enough reason why they shouldnt be able to decline it..
Eg: You need to import a PCP pistol as there arent any available locally. The design of that model specifically does not resemble any real firearm
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:38am
I am certainly not totally up to speed on the law, but I believe you would have to have a very valid reason to get it approved, although not illegal. 
I think fees for import permits apply in June this year, so while it's free, put in an application and see what happens.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:22pm
Just as a matter of interest, can someone explain what would be involved in bringing one of these awesome little beasts into the country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BSUA5sRTMU

I have a FAL.  That's not required to own one, but maybe to import one plus some other hurdles?  They retail for around US$1,000 I believe.

Edited by KiwiTR6 - 11 May 2023 at 8:38am
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic