Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Importing a PCP pistol - how to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing a PCP pistol - how to?
    Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:22pm
Just as a matter of interest, can someone explain what would be involved in bringing one of these awesome little beasts into the country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BSUA5sRTMU

I have a FAL.  That's not required to own one, but maybe to import one plus some other hurdles?  They retail for around US$1,000 I believe.

Edited by KiwiTR6 - 11 May 2023 at 8:38am
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:38am
I am certainly not totally up to speed on the law, but I believe you would have to have a very valid reason to get it approved, although not illegal. 
I think fees for import permits apply in June this year, so while it's free, put in an application and see what happens.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 2:39pm
Those look cool dont they!!
ive imported a couple of things but mainly pistols for target shooting as I belong to a target club (target shooting being the reason for import, justified by being a member of a club)

So I suppose you need to find reason for the item, or enough reason why they shouldnt be able to decline it..
Eg: You need to import a PCP pistol as there arent any available locally. The design of that model specifically does not resemble any real firearm
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic