Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Small bore range shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is used

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is used
    Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:48pm
So not being a small bore target shooter
(huge fan of biathlon when I get to watch it)
I'd be very interested in what sort of rifles are up there at compition level (club or national level) from people who participate in the sport.
I'd also be keen to know what sort of mods with triggers, stocks, barrels, prefured breeches and scopes.
Actually anything a that would give me a better idea of what the scene is like in nz really. 👍
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 10:27pm
I don’t know much about the target shooting scene, but I did attend an evening at a local club a little while ago.

I was hoping to find an indoor venue, close to home where I could take my .22LR and do some regular mid week evening shooting.
Boy am I glad I didnt take my little Anschultz 1400 along with me…!!!
It was single shots only, diopters, not a traditional wall nut stock in sight, straight jackets and leather gloves, and “bunny rifles” were definitely not welcomed.

I appreciate the skill, equipment and dedication required to be consistently accurate, shot after shot at 25 yards, and I’m sure that the folks who participate in the discipline of small bore target shooting find it both challenging and rewarding, and I’m jealous that they get to shoot once a week in the evening after work, but personally I still enjoy a 5 round magazine and some fun, reactive, plinking targets. 😉
I also found it really weird that you can score more then 10 on a 10 ring target… 🤔🤔🤔

I’m still looking for a nice indoor venue where I can do some shooting in the evenings after work 😉
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 10:39pm
How do they do the more than ten on a ten target. Naf em take the 5 round mag. Have fun. Your shooting because you enjoy it doesn't have to always be compition does it?
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 11:25pm
I think if you take the centre out you get a 10.1

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 11:29pm
Lmao you get an extra .1 for hitting what your aiming for.
Guess that's compition for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

I think if you take the centre out you get a 10.1

Something like that 👍🏻

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 11:03pm
Well, I’ve finally found that indoor range, close to home, where I can take my .22LR and do some mid week evening shooting, and my “bunny rifle” is welcomed 👍🏻.

I’ve owned it for about 9 months, but haven’t shot it yet, because there is a severe lack of shooting ranges around here. But I finally got to shoot it for the first time a few nights ago!
I bought 4 different types of sub-sonnic ammo and picked one to try…
23m, never fired it, did t even know if I was going to be on the paper, but gave it a go 😉
Man was I impressed with that little rifle. Not only was it on the paper, it was almost on poi, and producing very nice little 5 shot groups too!
Well chuffed with my little Anschultz .22LR! 😉

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 8:28am
That's nice.

I have very little experience with powder, but have heard the CCi is good ammo, and of course the name Anschultz rings accuracy.
jusepy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusepy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 9:39am
The CCI subsonic ammo is the kind I use in my ruger 10/22 for rabbit hunting.
It seems to cause very little issues in a semi automatic and is super accurate.

As long as there is lead in the air...there is hope.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 12:45pm
My old Anschultz didn’t seem to mind them 😂

But just like pelletgun barrels can be fussy, any barrel is going to have preferences.
I’ve got 3 other brands to test soI’ll try another brand next week.
But it’s going to be hard to improve much on those CCI’s 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic