Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firearms forums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 2:00pm
Small bore range shooting.
Small game hunting with small bore powder burners
22lr
17hmr
Stuff like that I would be thinking.
As its started as an air gun site I'd think that small bore would fit in nicely. Maybe 410 as well.
Thats my 2cents worth.
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by nunga nunga wrote:

Give me some ideas on what sub forums you think will be useful.

I think pretty much the same sub-forums. I found some useful and some irrelevant to my interests, but others clearly found topics like pistol shooting and archery of value.

Most of the contention went down in Firearms Licensing. So if you want an easy run this could be left out. Problem there is, its also one of the most useful topics especially for new shooters.

@kruzaroad offered some great suggestions.

One of the sub-forums I found very useful there was discussing hunting spots and DOC tracks.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 5:49pm
Alot of the contention on hunting and shooting forum is around the licensing which often brings in politics which then uses get banned.

What Kruza has suggested is great as all us airgunners are very much pest controllers and those small bore calibers fit in with our style of shooting.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 6:40pm
All good points. Yea, i'm always interested in small game hunting and what others do. But certainly not interested in political opinions. 

FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:25pm
The politics thing is a red herring.

I don't think any forum should ban politics outright especially a licensed pursuit like firearms. What should be banned is the small number who ruin it for everyone else.

I believe keeping discussions civil is of more importance then hard and fast rules.

Edited by FPM - 01 May 2023 at 8:40pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:30pm
I'm not sure slanging off a differnt Web site because of your views is any better. Your not forced to go there. You may or may not have been kicked off the site I really don't care.
It has had the advantage of opening up this site potentially to powder, which is a bonus. Look forward not back.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 9:26pm
Might actually have a good effect in opening up world of airgunning to those that aren't aware of what's out there beyond springers.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:01pm
I like our place just the way it is. 

All about airguns and pest control.

Couple of years back shot the head off a push pin at 23 yards with a recoiling springer, time to go inside as the day will not get any better. 

Take those practised skills back out at night and deal with critters that do not belong in NZ.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:55pm
Was that the scope and gun you did it with?
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 9:30pm
Hi Kruza, yes shot with my first Gamo Replay:

Checked my notes from 2019 and initial comment was "this ones a cracker".

Purchased for the multi shot feature, energy measured at 14.7ftlbs so not particularly powerful however keeps it controllable and allows for a reasonable trigger action.

It is the most accurate break barrel I own.

I think this unit must have been built on a Wednesday and missed all the Spanish Monday and Friday assembly problems.

I saw several sample targets after it had been on demo at a local air gun club and snapped it up. (sucker for a sales pitch that comes with pictures)

Gamo .177 replay-10 with packaged 4x32 scope using Webley VMX 8.1 grains.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic