Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

REIGN 2 problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 7:35pm
The trigger works, and cylinder is still full.
Yea will ring Ron tomorrow
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Madmax Madmax wrote:

what pellets are you using and what does it group like.

I'm new to airguns and I'm still mucking around with scopes and silencers on the M2 as I only recently got my firearms license. I  just tonight fitted a Vixen 4-16x44 scope, absolutely stunning clarity compared to the other similar scopes I've purchased prior (Athlon & Tasco).  I have a mass of different pellets but I can pretty much guarantee that JSB Exacts will be very hard to beat. They seem to be great in all of the guns I've had so far.  I'm still only playing around at 10m in my shed, but the M2 is very impressive and I'm really happy with it.  It's nice and light so I plan to fit it with a red-dot sight & torch for possums at night and use the Vixen for rabbits etc during the day.
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 8:05pm
Your new to air guns?
You have a mass of pellets.
You have jsb and they work great on all the air guns you have had so far?
You know your scopes.
Sounds like your not that new to airguns to be honest.
Anyway have you solved your issue with the m2?
If not and you have other air guns, it would be mad to risk voidimg any warrenty playing around with it.
Ring Ron and of its not a simple fix for you send it back.
Great you have fal. Pcp be a change from break barrel and pump. Sure your going to love em.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Your new to air guns?
You have a mass of pellets.
You have jsb and they work great on all the air guns you have had so far?
You know your scopes.
Sounds like your not that new to airguns to be honest.
Anyway have you solved your issue with the m2?
If not and you have other air guns, it would be mad to risk voidimg any warrenty playing around with it.
Ring Ron and of its not a simple fix for you send it back.
Great you have fal. Pcp be a change from break barrel and pump. Sure your going to love em.

Perhaps you're getting me mixed up with with Madmax who has the issue with the M2?

Me, I've really only been playing around seriously over the last 6 months after having had a Gamo springer for a few years prior that I hardly used (rooster control mostly) as it was hopelessly inaccurate. 

After selling it and getting reprimanded by my wife for doing so, I've gone down the rabbit hole big time and purchased 6 airguns (1 was my M2 PCP, with another PCP on the horizon) over that 6 month period and a number of scopes as well.  All of those guns have grouped best (as they could, because most were hopeless - Gamo, Stoeger & Bejamin) with JSB Exacts.  I've since sold these cheapies and done some dough in the process, but it's a journey and travel costs money!

The little Cometa Fenix 400 I bought for my wife is super accurate and I have a tin of JSBs with my wife's name on it so I now she'll be on target when she uses it.  Me, I play around with lots of different pellet types, something I really enjoy even if they aren't as good as the JSBs. 

The scopes.  I have an Athlon Talos and a couple of Tascos.  I was planning to purchase a Hawke for the PCP to replace the Athlon and somehow came across the Vixen. The fact they're made in Japan grabbed my interest and I ended up buying one even though it was a little more expensive than the Hawke.   I'm really blown away by the clarity of both the the reticle and the glass.  Super impressed!

Interestingly, I wear progressives and have been taking them off to shoot which is a pain because then I can't see the pellets when loading and try to put them in backwards sometimes.  However, with the Vixen I'm shooting with my glasses on and not having distortion issues as I was with the other scopes.  The eye relief is also quite a bit more and the range of that relief in which I get a perfectly clear view is also a lot more for some reason.

I also have a Hawke red-dot site which is currently fitted to the Cometa and the same thing applies (no magnification though).  Makes sighting really simple for the wife with no adjustments required if I've been using it, which I do because it's a very cool little rifle - thanks Ron!

Lastly, I'm lucky enough to have a big shed that allows me to shoot indoors at 10m whenever I feel like it and if I take an interest in anything, I always watch a ridiculous amount of YouTube to improve my understanding as best I can LOL

Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:39pm
Oops sorry so I did. sounds like you've got sweet set up. Wife who shoots what bonus!!
Your a better man than me on the pellet front. I got so sick of trying/buying pellets that I've stuck to AA heavy and exact for sig, hades for 1322 because they work well in my guns. Been meaning to try more but think I would cry if I got another tin of pellets I won't use.
I think money on scopes is worth it. A good scope will go from gun to gun. I'm always keen to hear people's views on them so I can check them out.
I've hawk scope and it's a nice scope. Works well but try something differnt on next rifle.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:17pm
Hi guys,
What sort of accuracy do those Walter reigns produce?
Tightest group you’ve achieved at 40m?
Thanks,
Pete.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by RangerPete RangerPete wrote:

Hi guys,
What sort of accuracy do those Walter reigns produce?
Tightest group you’ve achieved at 40m?
Thanks,
Pete.

Too early for me to give any feedback on grouping at any real distance (I'm still mucking around with scope setups and only shooting at 10m).  There are plenty of positive reviews on Youtube, the only negative one I could find was a guy who refused to do a review after the distributor asked for it back earlier than he would have liked. 
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:26am
A friend of mine got one of the reigns. He can't get his to group well.
I like the look of them especially for pesting work though.

Madmax, did you get a solution? Does the tank screw off? maybe it has unscrewed and the valve had shut off so the gun won't get any air out of it???
If you can take the tank off, you could try that and then try firing it. If no luck can you then loosen a gauge to let out pressure, retighten, then attach tank again and see if that does anything.

Paul.
Madmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 8:27pm
Sent it back to shop, Just waiting for a call
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:42pm
👍 Probly the smartest option as its new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic