Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Umarex .22 calibre 850 M2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 10:48am
Unit sent for inspection under warranty and nothing untoward identified. They returned it with sample 18 metre groupings in line with what I produce. With the warranty out of the way I will now do some work on lifting the 8ft/lb power output closer to 10ft/lb.

I have enjoyed many a summer evening plinking and getting very good results out to 28 yards with the reflex sight from standing position. Recently changed to JSB 13.73 grain wadcutters which appear to be performing well so i will also measure energy and group size at 20 and 25.

Umarex dressed up with Stealth Reflex sight which needed a dovetail to Picatinny adaptor. The extra height works well if I am walking about and making a relatively fast acquisition with the red dot. The M2 came with a cheek riser which also helps in this configuration.

The fitted Picatinny rail with Accu-Tech QD bipod. Not really better than a sandbag or fencepost but brings this in line with the .177 Hammerli.

Initial 13yard group after sight-in.
0.62 inch OD so falls short of its .177 companion.

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 10:51am
Oooooo nice. I've always wanted to tinker with one of these.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 10:52am
They always look like they need an oversize suppressor on the front haha
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 3:00pm
I owned one of these a few years back, nice rifle.
I like this guys YT vids, and and did the mod he suggested in the video, it did make a difference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_yoiYmnuQA
Sorry for the big pics, had a bit of a wrestling match to get them on..

Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 3:34pm
I don't know if you've had it apart yet, but just passing on some info, from memory, don't pull the cocking leaver (I think) back too far, it has the smallest spring in the world, holding the smallest ball bearing in the world, which will launch itself into oblivion, given half the chance, I had to send off to UK for replacements and ended up using one of those food dome nets to capture it when refitting the bits :-)

mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 4:32pm
i appreciate the advice and great pics, same mod done apart from blue plastic pen was sacrificed for spacer. 

Rifle, assembled and back out this afternoon, shot some nice targets and plinking out at 26 yards definitely hitting harder well worth the time.

Nice one Andy.
Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 4:51pm
Good to know ...
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 7:55pm
This was rather pleasing.
5mm spacer placed behind hammer spring.
11.5ft/lb
Definitely improves options for pest control.

25 yards, warm and calm evening.
Bench rest using shooting bag.
.22 JSB Wadcutters, Stealth reflex sight, 150mm target
Reticle dot and ring with horizontal and vertical lines which aligned perfectly with the target outside diameter.

5 shot Group OD <1"

Andy-A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 8:07pm
A happy bunny Smile, well perhaps not a bunny, they're in for it Big smile

FYI I flicked you a message, re coms I had with Umarex techs in Germany

Edited by Andy-A - 10 Mar 2024 at 8:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic