Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member no. 2861

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member no. 2861
    Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 9:47pm
Hi Folls,
New to the forum. Based in Cambridge. Love PCP’s.
Keen to meet up with anyone local for some plinking or small game hunting.
Pete.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 7:14am
Welcome aboard Pete.
Pcp seem to be the way to go these days. What air rifles are shooting at moment. I imagine there's a bit of pest shooting up the Waikato there.
I see your after a sub 12fpe pcp. Bit curious as to why sub 12. I'd have thought above would be more practical and probly easier to find.
Anyway great to have another shooter aboard and hope to see the a gun review or hunting story from if you are inclined too.
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 11:54am
Hi and welcome Pete.

Sub 12 is a UK thing. Assuming you live in Cambridge, New Zealand, there is no limit and I recommend you go higher.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 2:48pm
I'd also point out that the 12fpe law in England is that allows you shoot sub fpe pcp without a licence doesn't apply here. Fal for any fpe pcp rifle over here.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 5:56pm
Hi guys,
Thanks for the welcome.
Everything u say is valid and noted, thanks.
My Cambridge is the one south east of Hamilton, not the UK one.
Cambridge (NZ) is also the horse capital of NZ…
That might give you a clue as to why I’m looking for a sub12 .177😉
And before anyone says anything about sub12 .177 for pest control, they are perfectly capable of cleanly and ethically dispatching small game. Air gun hunters in the UK have been doing it for decades, and I my self have taken many many rabbits with my AA S410, sub12 in .177.
Amazing little rifle, I unfortunately just don’t have it here.
The key to a sub12 .177 pest control air rifle is, as my wanted add says… it must be accurate! 😉
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:03pm
Welcome along sir.

Understand your sub 12 for shooting around horses. It amazes me the accuracy that those sub12s are capable of.

Have you given Ron at Young's airguns a call?
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 10:07pm
Hi Billbobnz,
Thanks for the welcome.
I have chatted to Youngs, even made it up there once, but Youngs is a very long way away from Cambridge.
He is getting in some stock sometime of the AGT vixens, which cost a pretty penny but should be awesome.
My budget is not quite that big yet, so I’ll try find something local first 😉
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 10:53pm
I have an S510 carbine that I have fitted a Lane reg to. Currenty it's in a custom bullpup stock, but can be returned to std stock.
It's .177, and has the adjustable power, but I leave it around 11 - 12 fpe. Has 2 x 10 shot mags and a custom silencer. Although it's a carbine, the reg gives about 80 consistent shots before it drops of the reg.
I'm in Wellington, but if it interests you message me.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:02am
Didn't realise horses were that skittish. Good to know. Ive shot around stock (bulls/calves) with the sig, which is a pretty loud gun, and it's never caused more than a head lift and glance. That's from just a few meters away and at night at times.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 8:01am
We had a horse next door, it would run to the other side of the paddock any time I was shooting. The cows would come right up and stand beside my 40m target to see what the noise was about
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic