Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Hunting Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hatsan jet2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hatsan jet2
    Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 8:29pm
So after a few months waiting for permits got a couple of firearms in the country.
Overall it was fairly smooth just no communication from the permit team.

Had to send leshiy back as it was damaged in transit, so still waiting for the new one.

But recieved the wee hatsan Jet 2 havent shot it yet as my pump is playing up.
A couple of pics anyway and Ill update with some new pics once I get it shooting. I got this only for
a specific job dispatching birds at short range inside.
This is the jet2 in 25 cal
picante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 8:30pm
If anyone knows where i can source in nz a 1/2x20 double male adapter for a supressor let me know otherwise I will have to get one made
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:35pm
Sweet looking pistol. Three sights is a good idea. Be keen to see a review when you got it up and running.
Haven't looked through the reviews on it yet, but I'm assuming it's got adjustable power. A 25 got a bit of heft for indoor birds.
picante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:23pm
Unfortunately its not adjustable, I am going to trial it and if it isnt fit for purpose I will just sell it on.
Yes 25 is hefty but low fps and good ft lbs on target mean it should do well for the range of birds. Hits hard and plenty of energy at the pellet.

From what I have read they are not that great but with some tinkering can be very desirable. For me its the size, can be in a pistol hard case rather than a full rifle case.

If there is anyone in Canty who would like to have a muck around with it let me know.
But for anyone else the permit was accepted for both the Jet2 and the leshiy 2 so further imports should be smooth.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:39pm
there is an adapter on ebay, pricey... couple probably get one made by a gunsmith that threads barrels regularly.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:55pm
Watched a few reviews. Looks like a good gun. Think it's going to punch holes through birds and whatever is behind them.
Some dude added longer barrel, and was getting pretty good distance and energy out of it.
Pretty temping gun.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:08pm
Oh that's cool. I like that.

It's great you got those into the country. Did you have to convince NZ Police with any reason for buying the leishy and the pistol? Is it the semi auto version?
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 1:29pm
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 5:17pm
@picante I have heaps of spare tins of assorted .25cal pellets. If your wanting them they are free if you want.
picante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Oh that's cool. I like that.

It's great you got those into the country. Did you have to convince NZ Police with any reason for buying the leishy and the pistol? Is it the semi auto version?

No I was waiting for some stink up as I had heard all types of issues. I queried why it was taking so
long, assumed there was some red tape but no issues.

I never actually got the leishy in hand as freight company fronted up about the damage, now just trying to navigate that rabbit hole. I cant say dealing with freight companies in the states is easy.

Yes semi auto version.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic