Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Chief Rapid Repeater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Chief Rapid Repeater
    Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 7:40pm
What do you guys think of this rifle? anyone here got one or shot one? im thinking to get one and have a play with it. Can you mod them to get a little more power out of them?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 7:57pm
I think I might buy one tomorrow and had/have the exact same question. You can see what Billbobnz has done with his here http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz/forum_posts.asp?TID=607

I will keep mine stock for a while until I know there are no issues with it that might warrant returning, and then I think I will figure out how to drill the internals out to 4.5mm at Billbob has done.  I'll also add a bipod as that is likely to come in handy for shooting starling from the hay bales.

Would love to hear if anyone else on here other than Billbob owns and has modified one.
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:16pm
is the CR600w the same as the rapid repeater?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:27pm
Yes I believe it is. I can't quite keep up with the changing names of the chinese manufacturers. I think Air chief was once SMK but I'm not certain. Also Artemis has become Snowpeak, at least that is the case in the UK.

I'm not sure if there are different variants of the CR600 and how many there are.
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:30pm
Have you considered getting an FAL and buying a PCP?
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:31pm
This guy has fitted a .25 barrel and done work on the internals (not sure if he has videos showing these yet as only just found this first video) and has his shooting heavy .25 pellets at around 20fpe, approx 12 shots per 12g co2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoiL2sV2DM
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 9:14pm
Here's the prior video, where shown what he has done. Pretty much same as doing a 13xx or 22xx valve ( larger dimensions of course.)
Barrel differnt story lot more work and a couple of good ideas I just might nick for my gun one day in future.
https://youtu.be/cSGtfOKn64Q
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 10:47pm
I can put you in touch through a different forum if you want to chat with the guy who turned one into .25cal
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 11:48pm
Here's another kiwi modding a cr600 for extra power. I haven't watched the video in its entirety yet and not the best camera angle to show what has been done up close but I think it will be a useful reference for anyone wanting to do the same. He says 4mm in the video but in comments says he went to 4.5mm but that doesn't leave much margin for error.

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

I can put you in touch through a different forum if you want to chat with the guy who turned one into .25cal

That could be useful, although if it does shoot around 9fte stock that is all I would need initially but I'm sure the appeal of extra power would kick in quite soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic