Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which CO2 or multi pump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Butt's are level with board edge, though doesn't look like it.
Same size as 362
Moderator adds 5 1/4 inches approx past where barrel ends in side.

Thanks for the comparison. What is the top rifle?

As you say, same size as the 362 but the 362 doesn't have the advantage of the silencer.  Are you using one of the over barrel silencer adapters and would you be able to fit a silencer in the same way to the 362?

Its a shame the 362 also come with a plastic breech, am I right in saying the metal breech for the 2250 is the same as the 1322 one and would also fit fit the 362?
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 9:33pm
I've just seen this post by dvlnme (Mike) on another thread.

"good have you back,these are good candidate for adding a small screw in bulk fill conversion unit to,as you notice 12gram co2 disposables and pellets pretty much cost same as 22lr ammo which makes shooting co2 guns on disposables a little expensive these days,cheap source bulk co2 is out of date 5kg co2 fire extingishers,bulk fill stations that can be adapted to extingishers are cheap and available on trade me,you may remember from old nz forum i mentioned this set up some years ago,this is how i fill my co2 guns.
 easy enuf to make screw in bulk co2 tube extensions for guns like the air chief out of allimium tubing with simple fill valve on front end,you need a dummy 12gr canister on front end that replaces the disposable one jointed to the new tube this can be machined from solid alli and threaded to fit end cap thread,the dummy 12gr end can then either be threaded to the alli tube or fitted into tube with couple oring seals and held in place with 3x grub screws and front end cap done same way,i never made these bulk fill extensions to hold more than 36gr co2 otherwise they tend to get too heavy and upset balance of rifle etc,as point of these bulk fill extensions is to cut running costs more than anything else with me a 24gr extension is fine,as doubles shot count anyway,i preferr to do bulk fills this way as means dont modify rifle and it can then still use the 12gr diposables as well,if done right this way of bulk filling will also look good,made up several such extensions for different rifles this way and found best looking and a very practical way of bulk filling this type of rifle.
 cheers mike"

If I did get an air chief i'd be very keen to get an adapter like that made up but would have no idea how to do it myself unfortunately.  Again, back to the strengths of the multi pump guns.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
Top Sig Sauer asp20 .177 Swapped for tx200 and very happy with it performance.
The moderator is fitted to barrel but is a slip on and should fit 362.
There is another already built for 362 which is the same and I'll just put on instead of sending barrel down for fitting.
Breach will fit 13xx 22xx and 362. The 13xx and 22xx are pretty much the same gun. The barrel on 1322 is a 2240 or 2250 barrel brought from youngs.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 9:47pm
Have you seen billbobs CR600 on site?
He threw a larger cylinder on his and did the adaption, so may be able to explain what's needed. Also put a bipod on it. Which if you go that route I have a gamo bi pod and picatinny rail you can have for next to nothing as I don't use it. Rail will need to be cut in 2 for use.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Have you seen billbobs CR600 on site?
He threw a larger cylinder on his and did the adaption, so may be able to explain what's needed. Also put a bipod on it. Which if you go that route I have a gamo bi pod and picatinny rail you can have for next to nothing as I don't use it. Rail will need to be cut in 2 for use.

I don't think I have seen it but will look for it now. I would be keen to attach a bipod for sure, so once again I appreciate the offer. If I do go down that route I will or 1322/2250 I'll message you no doubt.  Thanks for all the help and advice.  Shooting is nothing new to me but these multi pump or co2 rifles are, as is modding so it is good to hear what other people achieve with them.  I did shoot starlings as a boy but they became protected in the UK not long after that. I think most of the ones I shot were with a 9mm garden gun but a few with air rifles too I'm sure.

I did manage to kill one pest tonight. The cat belonging to the people I'm staying with brought a mouse into the house a couple of days ago. Their poodle spotted it run under the fridge today, so I flushed it out and with a little help from the poodle, I managed to dispatch it with one of my crocs.  I don't think I'll get many more using that method though.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 11:19pm
Page 14 of " you got to be out there to see" has a pic of his set up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic