Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which CO2 or multi pump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 8:24pm
A 2250B has just been listed on trademe, pick up is in Auckland though so no good to me.

Also, anyone looking at the Crosman 2260 rifles on trademe?  Well over my budget currently but might be of interest to someone on here.

Edited by Elliot87 - 06 Mar 2023 at 8:27pm
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:06pm
If that 250b has been sitting for a couple of years, I'd be asking about the seals. Also haven't heard very good things about the barrel scope mounts.
Steel breech replacent seems to be the most recommended way of getting a scope on.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

If that 250b has been sitting for a couple of years, I'd be asking about the seals. Also haven't heard very good things about the barrel scope mounts.
Steel breech replacent seems to be the most recommended way of getting a scope on.

I'm sceptical about that way of mounting the scope so would get a steel breech. It is a shame the 2250XL isn't available here with the steel breech and longer barrel as standard.  When I give Youngs a call, I'll ask him if the XL version is something he could look into importing, I'm sure it would be popular.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Yes, I did have an old Sheridan 2040 in .20, it was my dads pistol when he was a pest control officer. It never got much use and by the time I decided to put it to use I think the seals were shot.

I'd definitely get a steel breech, I am quite skeptical about the barrel mounted scopes.  It is a shame the 2250XL isn't availabke over here, with steel breech and longer barrel as standard.  I wonder if Youngs Airgun Centre would look into importing them? I'm sure they would be popular here.

EDIT: didn't think the original message was posted as I had an error message for spamming come up, apparently I had posted too many times in quick succession...

Edited by Elliot87 - 08 Mar 2023 at 8:52pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:46pm
Ask him about a longer barrel breach too. If you go for a steel breach from him make sure you get an end cap and bolt. Or see if Pauly has time to make em. I've got all three if you need em, and will charge you the replacement cost of breech and to get new bolt and end cap made from above person if he has the time. Also the postage.
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
I will certainly ask him if he has those in stock and the cost.  As you can probably tell, I've yet to make up my mind what I intend to get but I appreciate the offer of selling me those parts, for the cost of replacement plus shipping, that's very fair of you!
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 9:03pm
I'm an airgun shooter. Not a sales person. I had mercs offer the same with a steel breach when I got the 362. I really appreciated that.
Should be a community of shooters on here. I'm happy to help where I can.
Won't kill me Im not getting to far with my big Feb plans anyway. Bloody rain.
FPM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 9:10pm
My two cents would be a BSA Comet Evo in 177. I have one of these in 22 and its a great rifle. You said you want co2 but they just don't have the same performance as a break barrel.

Edited by FPM - 08 Mar 2023 at 9:16pm
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 9:21pm
Thanks Kruz and I agree with the sentiment. There's not a heap of active members on here but I really like the communtiy spirit. 

FPM, appreciate the recommendation but I am in the process of buying a break barrel from Paul, just waiting on the mail order form to be processed now.  That's half the problem, if I had that in my hands I'd be spending more time out shooting that and less time thinking about other guns I'd like to buy.  What appeals to me about the CO2 and pump guns is that they should shoot a bit more like a pcp and I would think be quieter than most springers, once surpressed. I don't need a lot of power for starlings around the barn so CO2 shouldn't be an issue. I'll have the break barrel for extra power when I need it.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 9:23pm
Here Elliott, have a look at this site.
https://youtube.com/@nzenthusiast3589

He's a 2250 shooter. Some of his set ups might be of interest to you. The way he has mounted a couple of the larger CO2 cylinders above stock I like.
None of his videos are any younger than 5 years but he's into 2250
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic