Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which CO2 or multi pump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:56pm
I've got a Cannon Multipump, cr600w, and 250b and I love each of them.

If you are going for the Cannon get the one with longer barrel and suppressor as they are loud. Mine isn't suppressed. Can't go wrong with the price.

Cr600w is bulk filled c02. With bulk filling you get a much more consistent shots over using the capsules and will get you approximately 400-500 shots and costs $5 to fill. Extremely accurate at 20m

2250b is bulkfilled too and suppressed. I miss the magazine for follow up shots but there are options out there for upgrading to multishot.

For small pest like rats and starlings. What make these guns awesome pest controllers is the fact that they are perfectly accurate and consistent. 2250 is not called the rat catcher for no reason.

Edited by Billbobnz - 05 Mar 2023 at 5:01pm
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

For small pest like rats and starlings. What make these guns awesome pest controllers is the fact that they are perfectly accurate and consistent. 2250 is not called the rat catcher for no reason.

Perfectly accurate and consistent, that is what I loved about pcp's and why these are an appealing alternative.  I'm leaning towards "the ratcatcher." I was just looking at the thread where you show bulk filling yours and it looks great but I'm sure beyond what I could do myself currently.  Even if I could do it, not sure I'd be brave enough to try. I think I would work on getting it shooting well with CO2 capsules first and maybe try bulk filling down the line.
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 5:26pm
All good, I can get parts made when you want to go down that line. If you don't want the weight of a big 12oz bottle you could use 88grm cartridges as a lighter option
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:15pm
@Elliot87 yeah im still doing the gamo replacement triggers. not as much as before and im exploring new options with 3d printed triggers then casting them in alloys but thats on hold at the moment till i get the use of my hand back again
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by nunga nunga wrote:

@Elliot87 yeah im still doing the gamo replacement triggers. not as much as before and im exploring new options with 3d printed triggers then casting them in alloys but thats on hold at the moment till i get the use of my hand back again

Yeah I saw in another thread that your hand had been operated on, I hope the recovery goes well!

That's good to know you still do them, if I need a new trigger I'll get in touch, if you're making the new option by then I'd be happy to try one of those out.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 7:30pm
Thanks for the link, 2250XL looks very interesting, accuracy to 35m is quite a claim.

Looks as if standard Crosman metal breech conversion at $100 and barrel may well be available from Youngs Airguns, perhaps without thread, will have to investigate further.

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by mercs mercs wrote:

Thanks for the link, 2250XL looks very interesting, accuracy to 35m is quite a claim.

Looks as if standard Crosman metal breech conversion at $100 and barrel may well be available from Youngs Airguns, perhaps without thread, will have to investigate further.

According to this review http://airgunshooting.co.uk/article/gun-test-crosman-2250-xl it produces 25 shots at 9fte with 14.3 grain accupells, by the 35th shot it had dropped to a respectable 7fpe.  I did read some issues with the threading for the silencer causing a loss of accuracy with a silencer fitted, presumably it was not quite straight and caused some clipping, but that was on a forum thread around 10 years ago so I would assume this with have been sorted on later batches produced.

I'd be interested to know if Youngs Airguns could get these in or source the barrels for them.  I'd be very tempted to get one.

Edited by Elliot87 - 05 Mar 2023 at 9:01pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 1:30pm
@Elliot87

Guncity sockburn have a Crosman 2250 for $349
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 2:07pm
Co2 is great for small pests as you can suppress it easily. The Air Chief rapid repeater is good value as it comes with metal breech ready for optics, suppressor, multishot mag and longer barrels.
All that can be done to the 2250, but would cost more for the same spec.

There is something fun about doing it yourself and making something custom but i do know he is out of long barrels and has been for some time so who knows when they will be back.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by J-S J-S wrote:

Co2 is great for small pests as you can suppress it easily. The Air Chief rapid repeater is good value as it comes with metal breech ready for optics, suppressor, multishot mag and longer barrels.
All that can be done to the 2250, but would cost more for the same spec.

There is something fun about doing it yourself and making something custom but i do know he is out of long barrels and has been for some time so who knows when they will be back.

In an ideal world I would buy a 2250XL but as they don't seem to be available over here, the rapid repeater is probably a better option, although I do really like the idea of getting a standard 2250 and customising it.  I keep reading about people polishing this and replacing that and I only half understand what they're doing, so I think its about time I learnt myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic