Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which CO2 or multi pump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 7:30pm
Thanks for the link, 2250XL looks very interesting, accuracy to 35m is quite a claim.

Looks as if standard Crosman metal breech conversion at $100 and barrel may well be available from Youngs Airguns, perhaps without thread, will have to investigate further.

Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by nunga nunga wrote:

@Elliot87 yeah im still doing the gamo replacement triggers. not as much as before and im exploring new options with 3d printed triggers then casting them in alloys but thats on hold at the moment till i get the use of my hand back again

Yeah I saw in another thread that your hand had been operated on, I hope the recovery goes well!

That's good to know you still do them, if I need a new trigger I'll get in touch, if you're making the new option by then I'd be happy to try one of those out.
Pom that wants to be a kiwi
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:15pm
@Elliot87 yeah im still doing the gamo replacement triggers. not as much as before and im exploring new options with 3d printed triggers then casting them in alloys but thats on hold at the moment till i get the use of my hand back again
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 5:26pm
All good, I can get parts made when you want to go down that line. If you don't want the weight of a big 12oz bottle you could use 88grm cartridges as a lighter option
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Billbobnz Billbobnz wrote:

For small pest like rats and starlings. What make these guns awesome pest controllers is the fact that they are perfectly accurate and consistent. 2250 is not called the rat catcher for no reason.

Perfectly accurate and consistent, that is what I loved about pcp's and why these are an appealing alternative.  I'm leaning towards "the ratcatcher." I was just looking at the thread where you show bulk filling yours and it looks great but I'm sure beyond what I could do myself currently.  Even if I could do it, not sure I'd be brave enough to try. I think I would work on getting it shooting well with CO2 capsules first and maybe try bulk filling down the line.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:56pm
I've got a Cannon Multipump, cr600w, and 250b and I love each of them.

If you are going for the Cannon get the one with longer barrel and suppressor as they are loud. Mine isn't suppressed. Can't go wrong with the price.

Cr600w is bulk filled c02. With bulk filling you get a much more consistent shots over using the capsules and will get you approximately 400-500 shots and costs $5 to fill. Extremely accurate at 20m

2250b is bulkfilled too and suppressed. I miss the magazine for follow up shots but there are options out there for upgrading to multishot.

For small pest like rats and starlings. What make these guns awesome pest controllers is the fact that they are perfectly accurate and consistent. 2250 is not called the rat catcher for no reason.

Edited by Billbobnz - 05 Mar 2023 at 5:01pm
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:52pm
EDITED:
Does anyone know if the crosman 2250XL is available in NZ? It comes with a longer 18inch barrel which ought to increase velocity I would have thought and this is threaded for a silencer. It also comes as standard with a steel breech from what I've read.  I know where I can get one from my old local gun dealer in England but a quick google didn't bring up results over here.

Edited by Elliot87 - 05 Mar 2023 at 5:18pm
Elliot87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:39pm
I think the gamo scope was adecent bargain even though I didn't really need it. The costly part will be if I do look at getting a second rifle to put it on.  I really should just see how I get on with the gamo CF-S first but this forum is proving to be a bad influence on me.

I've ruled ont the 1077, it does look like its only good for a bit of plinking fun.

I'd love to follow what Kruza has done but or something similar with a 2250 but I don't currently have the knowledge or tools to do this but both could be aquired over time.  One problem I have is I don't know how much time I have in NZ as I still need to secure a work visa to stay beyond the beginning of 2024.  I'd be loathed to invest a lot of time and money into a project and have to leqave it behind.

I would be interested in getting a 2250, fitting the steel breech (assuming they come with the plastic one) and perhaps a longer barrel with the means to attach a silencer. An accurate, quiet little carbine, shooting around 8fpe would be ideal where I am currently. Who would you recommend as a supplier and do you also have a recommended supplier for upgrade parts?

Some of the multipumps are still tempting though.  I almost bought a 1377 back in the UK for a bit of fun.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 5:47pm
Kruza has shown us the way with his 1322 - like the bloody pied piper I expect many will follow.

Air Chief Rapid Repeater I have watched one of these do very nicely at 20 yard targets proving to be very accurate. The .22 should perform better than .177 on CO2. I am not a fan of the magazines.

CO2 $2 - 2.50 per capsule
Summer 25-30 shots
Winter 10 -15 shots

Crosman 2240/50 great support out there plus wide knowledge on this forum. Mine are used regularly all year round. You get very adept at reloading a single shot. (New will be approx $300, do not buy off trademe at inflated prices, happy to recommend a trusted supplier)
Carbines morph into something like mine pictured below and in reality you can easily spend $1000 on modifications so an Umarex M2 or Hammerli 850 will do all and more without touching a spanner.
Hammerli use 88 gramme capsule $30 for 160 shots.

However if you can shoot open sights straight out of the box the Crosman are great value and easily deserve the nickname "rat catcher".

mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:37pm
Gamo 4x32 for $40 cannot go wrong, standard package with their springers, focal length is set for air rifle distances and usable at 10 - 40 metres. Can take a bit of recoil on low to mid-power springers.
The AO version does not cost much more and I think all that is required for backyard. I have had good durable service from both types on rifles up to 15 ft/lbs.

Crosman 1077 - not for what you are planning.
Low power backyard plinker only.
Very lightweight and mainly plastic with multi-shot magazine which is the only interesting bit.
I will post a review.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic