Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back in business

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poorshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back in business
    Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 10:23pm
I have been waiting on the flash BKL droop compensated mount from magair and watching my new scope doing nothing.
This morning the mount came and I was able to marry the gun to the scope!
I did have a mount but wanted to wait for the real deal and do it correctly this time.

Was a rough day here but I did a quick sight at 10m and nothing had moved (I put pencil marks on the scope and mount) and it all looked good.

Ran it straight back to 30m with the field target trophies, which my gun loves.
I adjusted up and got straight into decent groups but not tight.
I was trying to barely hold the rifle in the artillary hold, but I find my trigger is so heavy that I feel I am pulling the rifle back some to fire (hard to explain).
Anyway I ended up firming the gun into my shoulder with my tigger hand and leaving the front hand just resting under the gun (half an arillary hold I guess).

It's all fun and games and then somebody looses an eye.
poorshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poorshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 10:38pm
Woops still going.
Right away my group went WAY smaller, I bet when I get my new trigger I will be off to the races with this thing.
Proves I must have had a bad scope that I have been fighting as I suspected.
I wish they would have just replaced it right away instead of stuffing around.
I am not and will not shoot the kind of groups you guys get but I think I can get back to where I trust this gun to shoot reliably within it's and my ability.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 11:29pm
So , how big (or small) was the group at 30m?
Someone said to me once , and it's true, if you can't stack them at 10, you won't do it at 25.

You'll love having a new trigger , they're easy to install and they come preset as well, get used to it standard first, and if you make any adjustments do them very small and write them down . Makes returning it to where it was easy.

My Tx will do a one ragged hole group at 25, but I have to do my part as well, and that's sitting. If you're doing them standing then your not as bad as you say :)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
poorshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poorshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 6:50am
Centre to centre is 34mm.
Gets me well into reliable head shots on Possums, which is my initial aim.

Thanks for the advice, I have taken it on board.

I only put 30 or so through it and am busy for a bit but look forward to getting my shooting tighter.

As you know, when I look into my chrystal ball i can see a tx in my future.

Yes I was seated, if I stand i pretty much wave around like a leaf in the breeze!

One ragged hole is a wet dream to me at this point from any position.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 10:53am
34mm ctc, that's not bad but you can expect it to shrink with the new smoother lighter trigger.
I'll try finding a pic of a seated position, compare it to what you're doing , it might help shrink those groups even more (I'll make an FT shooter out of you yet :) )
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
poorshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poorshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 6:48pm
Hey thanks, any help accepted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic