Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toy earth worms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toy earth worms
    Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 3:08pm
Does anyone know where I can get life like toy earthworms, centipedes or other bugs birds like. (from a shop)
Not fishing tackle ones, they cost a fortune.
Just after some cheap kids toy type thing to spread around under trees to bring the mynas and starlings down from the back branches.
Any ideas or names of shops be appresiated.
Just finding overseas stuff on Web even with nz added on.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 4:53pm
Kmart

Just put Al your food scraps out or buy some cheap and nasty loaves of bread
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:15pm
If it works rubber worms and things are totally portable, Reusable, won't stink up. I'm looking at it like a fisherman with his lures sort of thing.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:28am
what about snake lollies?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:34am
😊 I'd eat them.
It's a case of I've seen them around but can't find them when I want them.
I'll try a few 2dollar shops at some stage, they may have them.
Was hoping that maybe a couple of forum members with kids may have noticed them in a toy shop over Xmas when buying pressys.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:40am
yea, i'd eat them too.

Starlings around my place eat the cat biscuits. I can sit inside, and they will land at the bowls 5 m away. I have shot 4 or 5 lately, but mum and dad starling still brings the babies to learn.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:52am
Shoot the adults first. Babys will learn too late.
Dog roll is fantastic. Mynars take a lot of risk before they give up on dog roll.
I want to keep away from anything that goes off. Like the idea of being able to shoot till they get wary, throw them in my pocket head to differnt area reset up. Chuck them in the car when finished and they can sit there till I want to use them again.

Also that thing of after rain, starlings and mynars go hard on worms and insects, so presenting them with a banquet of thier natural diet at those times I feel would be more effective.
(mind you so would a 410)
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:02am
What about making your own out of silicone? run out some small beads on paper, worm like, and let them dry. Just a random thought of mine.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:14am
Birds have sharp eyesight, so I think the realism is needed. It could be a good idea after I've found some, if I made a cast and then used silicone to make more from the mold.
So far looks like billbobs sujestions of kmart will get me a tube of critters for a few bucks but they are wierd colours and things like reds tend to indicate poisons in insects and could put birds off. They would make good molds.
Even though I've moved closer to town, I'm still 20km out so might head in Monday and have a look around.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:23am
When I use silicone, I pull the dried plug out and stick them in random spots around the garage. Quite a fascinating material, like jelly nipples. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic