Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Off Topic.....NZ Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Topic.....NZ Politics
    Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:02am
What do you guys think of the resignation of Jacinda Ardern?.

I think she knows dam well she was going to lose by a land slide in the upcoming election and she is jumping ship so she can tell everyone that she left and was not booted out!

Crime is way up, food prices have never been so high the cops cant seem to do anything, She has run the country into the ground!

Well thats my views anyway.

Your thoughts?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:19am
I don't disagree with state the country is in.
I really don't think it would have mattered what government or leader was in with the way things gone any government would have to have been a miracle worker to get us through what has been going on in the world in a better condition.
For all the other parties talk and how they would have done it. Talk is cheap, political promises usually turn to crap or get desolved in a successive government.
National won't get on top of crime.
That is just posturing, all that is going to happen is gun owners are going to be few and far between as more fire arms are used in crimes. Crime is here to stay and probly get worse its an image people like, gangster and plays into the social structure of the Web.
I think ardern was a good leader.
I think watching her towards the end she was getting over it.. I think she was right to step down. She had become a much weaker leader towards the end of it all.
I personally believe that she really was over it. She's in her 40s,has a new family, a hectic life, heaps of burden running a government and its just going to get worse, naf that. I think she just came to her scenes and has set herself very well for the next stage.
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 4:46pm
Totally agree Nunga!

Thank God she's gone! We had a "Bye Bye Ardern" party last night! Smile

And have you seen the commentary overseas about her? Many in the UK saw through her manipulation, her failures (Housing, Marsden Point, Amount of Borrowing, Pike River, wearing the Hijab, etc...), her destruction of Free Speech, her lies, lies, lies.... the list is endless!

I'd also add that she left early so she'd look "good" for a freebie job at the useless UN this year! I bet she'll be in New York by September?!

The USA are welcome to her....

Good Riddance I say! And don't come back!!!... Thumbs Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:23pm
Many in leaders in the world have praised her.
So how much did you two lose through her time in government?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm
Pike river happened under national.
Marsden point, has been contraversal since it started.
The ability of Marsden point was a useful back up for nz.
The CO2 shortage was because another plant failed. So back up would have been great.
However over the next 15 to 20 years as electric and alternate energy comes in Marsden point would be obsolete.
Every government gets bitched at for its borrowing and spending. Its been exceptional circumstances the last couple of years, a faltering world economy. I think any party in power would have borrowed and got bitched at.
No I'm not a Labour supporter, or any other party. I refuse to vote for a bunch of people who lie, based on their lies. But I keep an eye on what's going on because it affects the mood of the society I live in, that by default me.
I have no vested interest in one party. But one in politics.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Many in leaders in the world have praised her.
So how much did you two lose through her time in government?

Thats a very good question, Thanks for asking.

I lost my farther during lockdown, couldn't go to see him on his death bed, couldnt go to the funeral to say good buy. Had to lay off 3 workers and close my company because i wasnt aloud to be open. We have been broken into 3 times in 2 months and the cops wont do a thing about it.

The C02 shortage wasnt because of "another plant failed", there is only one plant left because the government in all their wisdom closed marsten point which left only one plant making food grade C02

But what really ticked me off about her was the way she talked to us in her news briefings, she talked to us like we were in pre school....but dont worry ..."New Zealand we got this!"

paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:01pm
I’m glad she’s gone. Was about time.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:38pm
That's correct there is a plant doing CO2, and it had a major breakdown. That break down stopped it suppling CO2 till its repaired. ( which I think is estimated to be fixed about nowish)
That with the limited amount available from overseas combined to cause the situation.
I'm sorry about your dad and bussness.
I guess you got a reason to be angry, and many others, but this is reality.
There was world wide epidemic going on.
I haven't had covid yet and and huge part of that is due to lock downs, and I'm thankful for that.
There's a world wide economic situation going on, people all around the world are losing thier livelihoods, it's not exclusive to nz because of the government.
There's no way of knowing if any other party would have done better. Talk is cheap, cheaper from politicians.
Hindsight is a valuable thing.
Hysteria isnt

Edited by kruzaroad - 21 Jan 2023 at 10:39pm
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:01pm
I wish there was some like buttons here as I would like each of these posts 🤣

Spent some time at a deer farm in Methven today. A Lot of rejoicing in the rural sector. Rising costs and regulations are killing every industry at the moment.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 7:17am
There is a "thanks" button that you can click on the right hand side of the post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic