Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Begginer of airgun at Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Begginer of airgun at Auckland
    Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
Just addicted to air rifle target shooting.
The back yard of my land lord is too narrowCryCryCry
Any sites info about air rifle shooting?
Some say that there are farms that you can pay for hunting.
But what about only target shooting fun?

I really love those rabbits and birds. Though people call them pests, they just dont spread disease nor bite people. Some people just introduce them from Europe for hunting fun? (only birds are native in NZ) Can't image, they are cute somehow... So just target shooting for meCryCryCry
Squirrel goes Vege

@Crosman Benjamin Ironhide .22 Nitro Piston Elite
@Umarex Surgemax .177 Gas Ram 1000fps
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 7:42pm
Welcome along ☺️
CuteRabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:02pm
Tonguethank you mate.
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:34pm
Just post my beginning air rifle.
Air Chief Stalker Junior, .177, 600+fps, with 4x20scope, super cool

Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:38pm
Heard that someone just lost three fingers playing with PCP because of the failure of container.
CryCryCry saw a review that says with the high altitude, the breakbarrel sucks in less air and the power and velocity becomes lower. Then I am thinking about that let the breakbarrel sucks in compressed CO2 while cocking it, may enlarge the power, any one know if there is such a tech?
Squirrel goes Vege

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 10:55pm
Thinking about upgrading and trying a full size air rifle rather than Stalker Junior
Anyone knows about the rifle - Umarex Sugermax, .177, 1050fps, realgun looking. It only costs 299 in gun city which is a bargain in 1000fps level?
And anyone knows about that can I give my stalker junior to my friend? She is interested in air rifle as well but she is a single mother and tell me that she might want an air rifle for self-defence? I am not sure the stalker junior can do that? according to the review on youtube, this rifle dont have the power to hunt rabbit, then how can she using it to kill against gangsters who breaks into her house? I am afraid that can only piss off those gangsters? What should I say to her?WackoEmbarrassedCry
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 11:02pm
Higher the altitude the thinner the air is, the thinner the air the less that will go into cylinder. So yes less power higher up.
You can buy CO2 guns, they are differnt from pcp and you don't need a licence to use them.
But they all have limitations.
Look up on the Web, what are the three main types of air rifle.
Then look up fps and fpe.
I can send you to a site that has a lot of info on stuff but you will need a basic understanding of air rifles, pellet speed and pellet energy (fps, fpe or what ever the metric units are.)
Probly pay to look up pellet types and weight as well as shape.
Then look up the difference between a target shooting set up and hunting rifle set up.
But mostly for now just enjoy shooting with your air rifle, have fun and as time goes by if you want to upgrade you'll have had plenty of time to learn what's out there but more importantly you'll have a better idea of what sort of air rifle will suit you better.
Oh look up triggers for air rifles too. They can make a huge difference to accuracy.
Have a read through the sig asp20 thread on this site. There's a whole heap about differnt pellets we have been using in them. It will give you an idea about how pellets affect accuracy.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 11:07pm
Tell her she's nuts. And if she points an air rifle at anyone hopefully they take it off her and kick the sh*t out of her.
The gun laws are bad enough without people doing dumb sh*t that's going to make it harder for everyone to shoot or get our hobbie even further restricted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:37am
Wow,thanks. but there are lots of panic buying when the covid-lock down is coming. what I mean is that if she really concern about self-defense and she won't win in a fist or blade battle against gangsters, should she directly get FAL and buy some semi-auto wapon like AK47 rather than low power airgun?

And the staff at guncity just showed me PCP, CO2 and breakbarrel(some fixed barrel with piston as well)Wink. However, PCP needs FAL as well and just heard that someone lost their fingers for the container explosion. CO2 is just low power as junior breakbarrel and I heard it is really expensive comsuming those CO2 bottles but can be semi-auto? which is no fun to me as well. What I am thinking is an innvation mod, that let the cylinder sucks in the CO2 while it is being cocked. In that case, not only a powerful piston, but also compressed CO2 in the cylinder, which may make the breakbarrel reaches to the level of PCP?Wink
Squirrel goes Vege

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 7:48am
You need to slow down and sort out what your upto. Your all over the place.
1: join an air gun club
2: learn to shoot the gun you have
3: three spend some time researching air rifles and shooting techniques
4: walk before you run.
5: stop trolling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic