Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.177 Pellet Gauge Head Size Checker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .177 Pellet Gauge Head Size Checker
    Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:49pm

Help please - Engineer needed!!!

I’ve tried to source a .177 Pellet Gauge head-size checker from overseas but I’m having no luck! The main excuse seems to be: “We don’t ship to New Zealand”? God knows why?

The Pelletgage model seems perfect - it has precision holes for headsizes from 4.46mm - 4.56mm:

https://pelletgage.com/shop/ols/products/177-pelletgage

They say it’s made as follows:

Using a diode pumped fiber optic laser, intense light is directed by a very fine optical fiber,  producing a tiny and well defined cutting beam. The accuracy and repeatability for the best of these machines is 2 microns, or 0.00008. Using a special setup for the exact type and thickness of metal, it is programmed and set, it will cut a perfectly round hole, easily stepping up that ten micron diameter for each aperture. 

We now have a tool with series of clean, perfectly round apertures stepping from 4.47 to 4.56 mm. After checking with a 40X optical comparator, they are “right on”. Note, the entire incremental span of all ten apertures is a 90 micron range, smallest to largest opening. That’s 0.0035 inches, or about the breadth of a human hair.  

Could anyone on the forum (with precision drilling gear) make me one similar perhaps?

Please advise…. Thanks guys!Smile 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 1:42pm
I tried to order one just now but kept getting having trouble processing card, so emailed them.
Will wait for response but as shipping is as much as the product, if there is no one here who can/wants to make one do you want to do a double order with me and split the shipping cost.
I'll just register my card with Google and use Google pay.
NZ is on shipping list but as transaction didn't go all way through I might not have got the don't ship to nz bit.

Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 11:25am
Good News! Smile

I've found a company in the UK who will send to NZ! They are Intershoot:

It's 67 British pounds in total to send here with Tracking - that's about NZD$128.

Should be here in 2-3 weeks - fingers crossed.

PS: When I asked other overseas vendors why they don't send to NZ, none gave a definitive reply! I don't think they know themselves!!! Bizarre! Thumbs Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 11:48am
Cheers I'll check it out.
I think that the laws here around air guns are so all over the place some just can't be bothered.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:22am
I have a set of reamers like these. I had though of trying to make a plate with 2 holes, optimised for a particular air rifle. One would be a too big hole and the other a too small hole.

---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:47pm
How's the pellet sizer working Myson?
KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:05pm
I have a .177 sizing die tool for sale on Trademe if anyone is interested?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/sports/hunting-shooting/reloading/dies/listing/4239800596?bof=SaBEW4f7

Edited by KiwiTR6 - 25 Jul 2023 at 9:06pm
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 10:15am
So how does that work?
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

KiwiTR6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:20am
Follow this link to the manufacturer's site for full description.

https://www.trrobb.com/product/adjustable-pellet-seaterv1
FX Wildcat MK111 BT Sniper .25
Walther Reign M2 .22
Evanix AR6 .22
FX Dreamline Classic .22
Cometa Fenix 400 .177
Weihrauch HW50 .177
Air Chief Junior .177 ($100 Challenge)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:39am
Like the principle of keeping the skirt larger. So how much did it tighten up your groups. Does it actual remove the lead or does it compress it into size.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic