Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Webbly and Scott .25 rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Webbly and Scott .25 rebuild
    Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 4:50pm
Rainy horrible day forcing me to stay indoors. Made some progress on my Webbly .25 cal spring to gas ram conversion. Has had all it's seals replaced from customer air seals and I also got the gas ram for it from them too.

First problem is the ram is too long for the gun... And the rear section of the ram needs to be set back 15mm into the rear section of the cast end cap for it to work. Spent some time down at the old guy down the road and he will lathe up a new end cap as modifying the original means it will probably disintegrate under the load.

Next problem with the gas ram needing to be in the position it needs to be means that the safety won't work...! Never really use them so may need to redo the safety switch to operate in another way!

There is a possibility that the ram is too long for this gun (was for the hatsan/webbly guns) this is a hatsan built Webbly and knowing from rebuilding my vortex hatsan I would say it would have fitted perfectly into a hatsan with no mods.

Love when a project throws you it's challenge's to work outside the status quo
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 8:34pm
if you find out the ram is too long for the gun after you cut it down i do have one of my gas rams here for the hatsan left over when i converted my mod125 over to gas ram, you will need to cut it down from memory, just remember when cutting the ram down that you make sure you cut it 3mm shorter then it needs to be to avoid bottoming out the ram and damaging it.  
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 9:04pm
Thanks for that, will let you know how I get on. We decided to machine a whole new part rather than modify the original just incase it doesn't work and I can return it to original.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 8:46am
Are you planning on altering the safety so the stock one stills works?
If theres room in the between the sears of the trigger assembly, a crosman type saftey is a simple affair requiring one spring and the safety pin, which would be totally lathe turntable. Require two holes drilled in trigger group housing.
Its also manual.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 6:53pm
Original safety won't work, might have to do one similar to BSA air guns with a side operated switch. I'll post pics when I have the machined parts
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 7:53am
Ohh, we love photos of machining and machined parts. Gets the juices flowing.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 10:07am
Hi Billbob,
How did your Webely .25 rebuild turn out?
Did u get it all back together and shooting nicely?
Any pics?
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 10:27pm
Still in parts, I need a tiny little bit of lathe work to finish it.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 9:28am
Has your work got the lathe yet?

What needs to be done?
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:34pm
No lathe at work yet. Been put on back burner! (Mutter mutter)

Part that the guy down the road made just needs a tiny bit more done to fit. Will take it back to him hopefully this weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic