Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Could any 3d print one of these

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could any 3d print one of these
    Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 9:45am
Was watching Ted's hold over and he had a pard scope which he had a 3d printed part that acted as a shade but more importantly to me had a little tab
Which rotated the ao with the shade.
Is there anyone who could print me one for my hawk scope.
I find front ao a pain to adjust while on target and think it would be a huge benifit to have the tab to aid rotation.

The video
https://youtu.be/MyfGMAU1txQ
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 2:55pm
I could do that. Would need to know some measurements tho.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 4:47pm
Sweet will send some through say next hour or so.
Cheers
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 6:18pm
Heres the measurements Ive gotten.
Is it enough to work with.
They are as exact as I could get them, I should be able to sand out any mismeasurements by me.
Heres dimension for anyone who wants them.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 6:31pm
your scope is way more complicated than the sample one in the photo that you want to copy.  I can probably do a straight tube with the tab you want and a thread so you can attach it with some grub screws to the outside of the scope. how long are you wanting the tube? my printer is limited to around  160mm

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 6:47pm
47mm would do. I'm more after the tab than the shade. Use it night slot too.
Whats the possibility of printing three blocks separate that I could sand down to fit between the ridges and I'll run the locking screws through them to the scope to help equalise the pressure exerted when I turn it. ( if that makes sence)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 6:58pm
Actually that sounds like a hassel,
If you want to print me up the ring with tab and locking screws. That would be awsome and I'd appresiate it.
When it gets here I'll buy some plastic make wedges to fit between ridges, and then glue them into the inside of the ring in situ and that should work awsome and be a Taylor fit.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 7:26pm
OK final design, sorry.
Lets go for just the tab.
If could print up a ring with tab @ 55.20mm inner circumference and a width of 17mm, locking screws
That would be awsome. Me and sand paper will fine tune the inner ring to ngsnug fit. I'll sort out gluing in some indevidualy made pieces to sit between ridges and glue them in and sand the whole thing to size of ring.
Leave design and thickness of tab and ring to you. 3mm be max thickness or ring before it touches cylinder.
That work for you?
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 9:18am
Im off work for a few weeks, recovering form reconstructive surgery on my hand. Ill have a play with the printer and see what i can come up with. might be a little while as im right handed and its my right hand they cut up lol...finding out the hard way how difficult things are using one hand for everything ha ha

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 9:31am
I hope your hand comes out OK.
Just as you do Nunga, if you can with a crook hand all good if not sweet as.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic