Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sig Sauer ASP20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 8:13pm
That's awesome, good results. Yes where did you get the sig pellets? Can you load a pic of them?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 10:09pm
That 10.?? gr seems to be the sweet spot for accuracy and penitration in general.
Sweet idea. Cheers.
What are sig skirts like compared to next two best.
Those hades hit hard out of 22. Wonder how much theat head shape plays a part?
jwabfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwabfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 8:42am
I agree with Ralph, can't complain with those groups at 40m! Great shooting. Looks like the JSBs are a better option to me.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:46am
Dinner wasn't a big fan of them, earlier today.

Edited by kruzaroad - 12 Dec 2022 at 10:47am
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 11:00am
25m sitting.
Exact group is more likely to hit the back of brain low, which I'm assuming is pellet variation as well as my shooting
I suspect if sort the head size on AA I'm going to punch some holes.
Best find out I suppose
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 3:41pm
This may be why the sig is grouping better with exact.

That should be gram not gr under weight

From my experience with .22 16gr AA field deablo, thus is a pretty extreme spread of head size for them.
I may get another tin and make sure it wasn't just this batch.
But exact are giving me a closer head size in equal weight.

Edited by kruzaroad - 12 Dec 2022 at 4:20pm
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 5:19pm
Sig pellets from Magnum Sports Stratford
Venom and Dagger available in .177 and .22

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 9:09pm
So decided 35m be a good test for head size. Only got AA heavy done this evening.
But it seems to like one size better. Only one I pulled the shot on.
Was coming up to fast and mistimed the pull.
Hope fully get exact done same tomorrow and see if it prefures the same head size.
I don't think the sigs have a choke?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 9:43am
Exact heavy.
Things to note my shooting wasn't as sharp.
I've gone from evening where gun has been at higher temp from day to morning where gun has been at lower temp during night. Over cast and last three shots @4.53mm were done in rain.
I have seen a video where there was a impact change shooting thru a sprinkler, though I'm of the option that as it was a fine sunny day the sprinkler was causing a convection air current that you wouldn't get if it was actually raining.
4.50mm target I'm dubious about top left shot as when I fired the cross hairs were at top of bulls on black line.
4.51mm target was a well shot target!
4.53mm only for hell of it as had 8 pellets but not feasible due to pellet amount.
Been interesting and helps to explain some of the unsorted pellets groups.
So what pellet would you choose?
Personally if they make AA in 4.50mm
I'd go for them
Sorting out 4.50mm and 4.51mm for hunting.
But for practically the exact 4.52mm is just as good and an easier size to get.
What your verdict?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 10:04am
Back to sig things. My over view so far. Accurate, well made, rugged, comfortable, lot less hold sensitive than I originally thought, well balanced, like the trigger has a clear second stage and crisp. The piston has a sound when cocking that just sounds fing awsome that for some reason I absolutely love.
Intial breaking of barrel can take some force but cocking motion easy and smooth.
Its a keeper for me and would be interested in a .22 and a one to lock up as a collectable in years to come.
I can see why ppl love em.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic