Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sig Sauer ASP20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:49pm
Nice stuff Kruza, I picked up a tin of JSB Exact 8.44 grain 4.51mm this evening and run 50 through the barrel. Touch lighter than my normal choice but had consistent vertical control, quite windy so some correction required. i look forward to getting at the targets when weather clears.

Hi Ralph I am very interested in how you find the ZeroTech Vengance 3-12x40 and how many pellets they have survived?

cheers

Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:58pm
Hi Mercs, Zero Tech are airgun rated, lifetime warranty, the guy I purchased the second Sig from broke a Zero Tech Thrive on the Sig, it was replaced without question, it had survived 1500 pellets. On their website there is an article where they test one on a Hatsan

I like the Vengeance, I use the elevation turret to dial in my distances. I need a duplex reticule, I'm 70 and my eyes can't cope with mildot reticules.
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 10:59am
70! Friggin awsome. That's inspiration for me. I hope I'm still active shooting when I reach that age.
Which is closer than I like.

So redid 40m groups this morning with weighed pellets.
The group sizes arnt that much differnt but the patterning is.
I'm really undecided what to sight in with. I'm leaning towards exact but reality is they would both have same amount of kill shots.
The air arms pellet if its like the 22's is going to have a reasonable amount of head size change which may affect it. (done no sizing)
Be keen on a few other ppls input on grouping and what they think from looking at these targets.
I have a thick skin so any ribbing all good.

Edited by kruzaroad - 10 Dec 2022 at 11:00am
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 11:04am
Aa bulls 17mm height
Exact bulls 12mm height
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 12:30pm
Both pellets are showing good results. The JSBs show less separation across your groups that the AA so if it was me I would go with the JSBs.

Those are great groups at 40yards by the way
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 12:58pm
Thanks.
I'm hoping to get 50m inch groups constantly, but haven't got there yet.
Hares are wising up and not letting me get as close in open paddock.
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 1:05pm
Why don't you try baiting the hares, leave out vege scaps bits of fruit over a period of time and draw them into you, might work.
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 2:13pm
Probly work well but I enjoy learning thier movements, stalking them in the fields at night, picking them off around edges during the day.
Its a slow constant constant pressure.
I've thought about getting the 22lr out but it's honestly just not as enjoyable. To easy really.

I've been keeping the arc of the pellets in mildot drop or gain as ive been doing this.
The pellets take differnt flight paths.
All targets were set to level with a lazer level. Shots were fewer but taken with more care and stopped when two touched each other. Most shots taken at any distance 3. (first 2 touched each other out to 30m then 35m and 40m required a third shot for both brands.)

Sorry cut top of pic. AA field deablo on left, jsb exact heavy on right

Edited by kruzaroad - 10 Dec 2022 at 2:19pm
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 5:22pm
Hi all rain stopped so managed to get some numbers down on paper.
ASP20 Pellet Penetration.
Target Distance 38 yards.
Positive measurement is with digital vernier to back of pellet.
Negative measurements for proud pellets from back of skirt to board.
Warm day, overcast and strong breeze.

By the numbers, Sig Dagger and JSB Hades gave the best results and I thought the 8.4 grain JSB Exact did well. H&N were about 30% less effective which I did not expect. Gamo.......

Pellet 1, Gamo Platinum 5 grains, -1.81mm (all noise 8th place))

Pellet 2, JSB Exact 8.44 grains, +2.31mm (3rd place)

Pellet 3, Sig Air Dagger 10.03 grains, +3.03mm (1st place)

Pellet 4, JSB Match Hades 10.34 grains, +2.95mm (second place)

Pellet 5, H&N Baracuda Match 10.64 grains, +2.18mm (5th place)

Pellet 6, H&N Hunter Extreme 9.57 grains, +2.0mm (6th place)

Pellet 7, Gamo Rocket destroyer 9.56 grains, +1.21mm (7th place)

Pellet 8, Gamo G-Buffalo 15.4 grains, -1.48mm (8th place)

Target Board firmly mounted and all shots were in front of post  to prevent flex.

18mm laminated custom wood

Edited by mercs - 11 Dec 2022 at 5:25pm
Ralph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 5:36pm
Wow great effort Mark and some surprising results
Where do you source the Sig Daggers from?

thanks
Sig Sauer ASP20 .177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic