Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEWARE OF SCAMMERS
    Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 8:38pm
It’s been happening on forums a bit so bound to end up here.
If you get offered an appealing gun or gun part / scope etc from someone at a new price, do some research!!

There are people joining up, trying to sell a rifle but there is no rifle for sale - it will never turn up.

Things to look for;

- member history - if they are newly joined then do some due diligence. If they are a member with good history, lots of posts and comments etc then that’s a little safer.
- member location - sometimes they will be from offshore = scam
- ask for images, and be specific - serial numbers, breech seals, screw heads even. The more specific then the easier it will be to find the pics they use on google images to prove it’s a scam.
- if you almost get to the point of payment, check the bank details / account name is the same as the name they claim to be. Ask for a pic of a NZ issued ID
- if In doubt, don’t pay, report the member if possible or out them on the forum so others can be aware.
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 8:45pm
I’ll start:

Scammer - Desmondtheman007
Email - edesmond258@gmail.com

As much as I’d love a $500 Diana 75, I’m afraid the one pictured was sold in UK with the same pictures!!
Ignore his emails

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:32am
Ive deleted his account.  thanks for the information
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:33am
oh and by the way he is located in the USA according to his ip address he logged in with
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:26am
Thanks Nunga!

You just saved me $300!!! Smile
I've recently been dealing with this prick as he contacted me via PM to say he had an HW95 for sale!

Luckily I asked many questions and his replies were inconsistent so I was getting frustrated.

Your notification couldn't have arrived at a better time!!!

Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:33am
Oh... and thanks J-S for starting this thread!

Well spotted!Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 8:07am
Just got this:

The photo was taken from https://www.armslist.com/posts/7091832/fort-collins-colorado-air-guns-for-sale--gamo-viper-express-22-w-scope

Be careful, because sometimes these won't look like scams at first glance at all.
paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 8:11am
I don't know if I should be crying or laughing over this response 😂 it can't be that they took the time to reply this.

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 9:12am
Originally posted by paulo.baronceli paulo.baronceli wrote:

I don't know if I should be crying or laughing over this response 😂 it can't be that they took the time to reply this.

I think he must have seen my post on the group cos all I got as latest reply was:

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 9:40am
Lmao. What a t**ser. Good on you for rumbling his game.
Wonder what name he will operate under next.
Anther quick way to check authenticity, is to simply say "theres a lot of scams going on at moment can you please send me a pic with you holding three fingers above scope for authentication "( for example) or what ever you think would be good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic