Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

synthetic stock tx200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: synthetic stock tx200
    Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:56am
Can any point me in the direction of a synthetic stock for the tx. I wouldn't mind dropping the weight for hunting.
All I've managed to find is a couple of target shooters stocks.
Just after a standard stock shape.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:48pm
I don't think i've ever seen one. The HW97k comes in a synthetic, and maybe they should consider that for the TX.
flock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:40pm
Be into that concept as well. They are a solid unit to carry  & springer rated scopes don't help weight wise. 
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 9:23am
True that flock. Scope weight adds when doing an all day hunt for sure.
I just emailed Air Arms asking about what lighter options they have and if a synthetic stock may be in the pipeline.
Not hopeful on synthetic but see what they recommend as a lighter stock.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 1:14pm
They arent available for TX, in fact im not sure of any Air Arms rifle that is synthetic..
They seem quite traditional in UK gun fashion - high finish, traditional materials metal and wood.

You could splash out on the likes of a stock from Custom Stocks in UK - they have skeletonised designs.
Otherwise there is the option of grabbing a hand drill and hacking out meat where you can Confused
- easiest is to take off the butt pad, drill a coulple of holes in the butt end to remove a little meat.

Remember its weight is in the metalwork - heavy cylinder, barrel & shroud, underlever which cant be reduced - reducung stock weight may throw off the balance..

Other option is to look out for something like an HW95 as a light weight sporter rifle
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 2:31pm
There are lighter wood stocks.
Couple looked OK but won't send outside UK. Not air arms stock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic