Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo G-Buffalo Pellets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamo G-Buffalo Pellets
    Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 6:56pm
These provide a challenge for your .177
Weight 1 gramme or 15.4grains 
Power requirements >24 Joules or 18 ft/lb
$22 for 200pellets

I bought these when I had a springer piston hitting the end of the chamber with a bit much force.
Definitely alter the behaviour of problem rifles perhaps for the better but did not seem to extend scope life which was the desired outcome.

I now keep them on hand for spotlighting possums and trials where they often provide an interesting comparison of impact and or penetration. 

Surprisingly accurate at 25 yards, I thought they may start to tumble but they remain quite stable. Contoured with a skirt so definitely a pellet and not a slug.

When used with your .177 it can start to reflect .22 behaviours with a different sound and if you can close in the distance and or adjust for the different flight characteristics they provide some real hitting power.

Anyone tried them in a PCP?
Anyone have a heavier .177?

dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:03am
havnt tryed those yet but am using the gamo 15.4 g hammer pellets in my 22 fpe 177 pcp rifle which surprising loves the things,they as accurate as the 16.36gr baracuda magnums the rifle loves allso,the buffallo pellets look little different to the g hammer pellets these look like just a longer heavier version of the 10.34 jsb exacts.havnt chronoed the hammers yet but rifle does 980fps with the jsb 10.34 pellets so would expect the 15.4s to be in the 850/860 fps range maybe little more,you right tho at these velocity levels they certainly get the little 177 up there close to same weight 22s in performance i think the 177 seems to shoot flatter than same weight in 22 as prob got better ballistic coeficent the 16.36 bara magnum certianly packs a real wallop out to 80yds.
 cheers mike
dvlnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvlnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:06am
snowing here mate whats like your way.
 cheers mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic