Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Hunting Gear
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gamo Viper Express vs. Shadow DX Express Shotguns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo Viper Express vs. Shadow DX Express Shotguns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamo Viper Express vs. Shadow DX Express Shotguns
    Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 2:42pm
After long-months of searching, researching, and failed purchasing attempts, today I finally got my hands on my air shotgun, but it's not the one I was actually looking for...

I've found one unit of the "Viper Express" available at Youngs Airguns in Auckland, straight bought it and had it shipped to my local gun store, but when I picked it up today, the gun sent was actually the Gamo Shadow DX Express, not the Viper Express.

I'm still happy as, since both seem to be very similar in all aspects, but still not getting the actual product I was expecting comes with a few question marks. All my research was done on the Viper Express, and I couldn't really find much about the Shadow Express DX on the internet. The two are very similar, with slight differences in the stock, and the Viper comes with a life-time guarantee, whereas the Shadow has only a 1-year guarantee. Both use the same powerplant, but for some reason someone online said the Viper is slightly more accurate. Besides that, there's not much more content available online at all.

Has anyone here got any knowledge or experience with the Shadow DX, and knows in a bit more detail how it compares to the Viper?
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 3:18pm
Dude get on ph ring youngs. May be he sent the wrong one. Even if not they can probly tell what the differance is between the two.
paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

Dude get on ph ring youngs. May be he sent the wrong one. Even if not they can probly tell what the differance is between the two.

I've already emailed them, but so far it seems the two are just the same gun with a different stock and slightly different barrel venting. I couldn't really find any other differences, that's why I asked here if anyone knows. If that's the case I'd be more than happy to keep it - and if I'm honest, I found the Shadow DX stock looks better than the Viper.
mercs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 5:55pm
Shadow series = mid-power and lightweight.

I have a much favoured .25 pellet version.
This is an effective pigeon dispatcher.

I have read about the express and seen ammo for sale.
Never come across the actual shotgun so looking forward to your posts.

GamoShadow IGT .25
Pellet BrandGamo
Pellet typeProMagnum
Average fps565
Grains21.76
Grammes1.41
foot pounds15.43
Joules20.92
paulo.baronceli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo.baronceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:00am
I've been exchanging some emails with Ron from Youngs Airguns, and he says that the difference between the two is really just the stock. So no pain on keeping it, as in fact I found that the Shadow DX stock looks better than the Viper's anyway.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:31am
Thats sweet. I was looking all over the web yesterday and didnt find much about shadow,but heaps on other,guess thats why.
Apperently they stopped production of them but have started again due to demand, but dont avertise it? Suppliers can still get them but you wont find them advertised on gamo site or listed as gun.
The shells can be reloaded several times. Plenty reloading the shells on web. Sounds like your onto a fun gun for close range shooting.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 11:19am
This might be a better option for pcp shooter
https://youtu.be/pwTFYj7ppCQ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic