Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever shot a mushroom?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever shot a mushroom?
    Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 8:13pm
Well....... What is your worst thing to shoot?

Got up Monday morning and in the dim morning sunrise light noticed something brown in the long grass in the paddock when I went out to my vehicle. Thought Yahooo its a hare so back to the house, got the Hatsan .25 out crept up the the fence using the poplars as cover. Sighted it up through the scope and yep it certainly looking like a Hare squatted down trying to keep out of sight. guessed it must have been about 35m so fired.... thud... nothing moved... looked through the scope again and it DOES look like a Hare but now im second guessing myself. Jumped the fence and walking up its a flippen horse mushroom!!! IVE SHOT A MUSHROOM!! 

We get them growing huge around here the size of a soccer ball and they dry out and go all brown then the wind blows them around. Ill get a photo tomorrow or the weekend to show you. 

The mushroom hasn't moved since and Ive had a good laugh to myself each morning. 

Edited by Billbobnz - 08 Sep 2022 at 8:17pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 10:17pm
Lmao. Thats hilarious,but totally doable. Ive both creapt up wood thinking it was a hare and scoped the rock strewn paddock, where two hares hang in daytime, only to have them run off from where ive been scoping, at least 3x
I can see how a a large,dry,leathery mushroom could be mistaken still farkin funny

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 10:38pm
Vegan hunting..
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 6:54am
When you're waiting for game to appear from your hide in the evenings, Scotch thistle heads at 90yds are a real challenge!!!

And when there's no thistle heads to blow away (!), Cabbage White butterflies are fun too!

You never get bored whilst hunting with a silenced air rifle! Big smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 11:05am
Haha, I've stalked a cow poo after spotting it through the thermal spotter. I was so good it never knew what was coming when I head shot it. Embarrassed
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 12:17pm
A genuine sh*t shot. Lmao
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 2:12pm
Ha Pauly! Nice one!

Did you rest on a stool to get that cow poo?!!!!!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 3:08pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Paul that doesn't make me feel so bad at all lol
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:18pm
Wind has blown it further away and its a bit more exposed. My wife saw it this afternoon and thought it was a hare too LOL

Centre Photo

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:35pm
Yep id be scoping that up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic