Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is it the seals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:25pm
the air arms I thought were going to be the go to first 5 rounds at 20m punched one hole about three pellet diameter. The pellets are good quality and I was shooting the under weight ones I had sorted out. so would have been bonus if they did. But they spread at 25.
There is a definite weight thing with this gun or maybe I shoot better with the 14.66gr. I'll shoot up shed and get the air arms targets out of bin and post them for you.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:50pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:52pm
wasn't sure what I'd shot at centers and not sure what one was AA field at 25m so didn't do those targets. there's about 20 from today.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:55pm
Just going to say that they are very good groupings for open sights. I took a scope off a Ruger Air hawke a few weeks ago and used the open sights and they are an almost forgotten skill. My first couple of air rifles only had open sights and I could pop off Sparrows out to 30 odd meters using old Winchester pelets and when I first got a scope it took a while to get to get used to it. (Mind you it was a sh*tty second hand job)
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:02pm
sorry to disappoint that was scope after tried open sight and seen it was grouping. no adjustment to scope just shooting for groups to see what to use. Not particularly fussy about being dead center as just finding what I'll retest. Hence why stoeger shocked me with its 25m groups. I never shot them under 25m!
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:14pm
Haha sorry I obviously didn't read properly. I've got a tin of the stoeger in .177 that hasn't been touched. My brother in-law says his Gamo loves them. I need to try them
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:29pm
They seem to be well made. I never sorted any. They're strait from the tin, skirt checked for damage before loading. None were damaged, all looked well formed and even in shape all over. Pretty clean. That's a discription of pellets in tin, not just ones shot.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:18pm
omg was shooting next tins of pellets checking grouping, suddenly the pellets dropped and started wondering. rezeroed scope nah. Gun City scope dead. Gamo scope back on and shooting again. This is unreal, like that movie christen the haunted car.
Not hard to see why some ppl don't like air guns. What a learning curve this has been.
Thankfully the tx has balanced it out with no issues and good shooting.
lesson learned.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:19pm
Still be able to use gun City scope as hand held range finder offa the mildots so not all is lost.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:31pm
Been there before with scopes. I've got a cheap $60 scope that has been on several rifles and still hold zero and other scopes crap out in a couple of weeks. I lent a rifle to a friend once and he said he could hit anything so I got it back and the inner tube thing was rattling around free
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic