Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is it the seals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 2:07pm
So went to a place called fasttrade Group limited, a mate reckoned was good. it had the screw for trigger, shim washers, moly grease,fine valve grinding paste in general every thing I've had a prick of time finding. sweet.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 5:44pm
Well all back together, shooting worse than ever. Dropped the scope off. got 4 shots before wind jumped up for evening.
1 shot pulled knew it as soon as pulled trigger ( which by the way is so much better with new screw. Still heavy but not a long drawn out (bit like this whole episode lol) pull to sear engages. Nice and crisp.
25m open sight, not sighted in since new, old eyes so compromise on focus of back sight and target
Shame only got 4 shots in. But better than scope by long shot.
So the saga goes on. Gamo scope back on tomorrow, if that sux remove the gamo shock suppression base. remount scope in another set of rings I have.
Its pretty close to being a give it away rifle at the moment.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 7:21pm
Don't give it away, keep going and it could be that barrel after all. Let us know once the scope is back on how it's going
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 8:39pm
It's a a usable rifle now. I'll do more with open sight first. That last group was promising but to small to count.
If it is the barrel then I'm over it. If gamo won't replace not paying for one. Could still use it for recoil experiment. (put that washer back in to give it kick)
Or I could just send it to you billbob.
You can use it for parts, find a barrel for it.
I'm wasting a lot of time I could be strolling the farm with the other gun.
See how tomorrow goes. Or the next day
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 8:29am
Right still no accuracy groups to wide to hunt with don't think I'll bother with it any more. Rather be hunting with tx than mucking around with a gun that has been problematic since day one. Will ring up about barrel today. But that's it.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:57am
Yea, I have wondered how well that would work too. Same principle as a single stroke pneumatic in the way it stores air pressure. You would only need the one stroke to store more energy than an SSP can with one stroke, but with more weight in the gun.
I guess you would have to have the piston firing backwards so the plenum and valve is at the breech end too.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 10:50am
true. Don't have second trigger for piston release. Have lever system. Basic concept below.
I'm thinking thumb size push pad, Thin strong steel rod. Pressure is not an issue as its not a shot stroke.
A spring for helping release pressre if too tight
Feasable.???
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 11:07am
I think to me the separate release of the piston is the only way to get rid of impact when shooting.
I don't think that designing the release mechanism is outside the realm of ppl here.
I don't think the initial piston firing is an issue for shooting as it can be done on way to shoulder after cocking.
I don't see the mechanism adding to much height or weight.
Or overly complicated.
Would it be rated as a pcp as it has a precharged chamber?

Edited by kruzaroad - 25 Aug 2022 at 12:19pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 12:26pm
That's cool, gamo dude is going to see if they have any barrels ( they don't bring over spares) I've said any barrel that fits and is in good condition is fine. Doesn't have to have the suppressor fluting plastic surround.
Here's hoping
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 2:27am
Or flip the piston release mechanism upside down, extend the connecting rod, turn release lever into second trigger.
Side lever to reduce bulk underneath.
Cocking lever should be release lever sorry.

Edited by kruzaroad - 26 Aug 2022 at 2:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic